S day Snobbery :)

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gratefuldeb67

S day Snobbery :)

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:42 pm

Haha I just wanted to share a funny moment today. I had to go and use the facilities at a Dunkin donuts today, whilst out doing some shopping..
So of course I bought a donut..
But when I got into my car and started eating it, it was so awful.
It was a bit stale and greasy and tasted like eating hardened palm oil and corn syrup.
So after two bites, I decided that even though today is an S day, I need not eat stuff that's bad, and flung it out the window!
Hope it didn't hit anyone behind me! LOL :)
The old me would have eaten it and just kinda complained about how it wasn't very good, but that I had paid for it, and also the whole "but its an S day" so time to indulge in treats..
Just I think at this point, I am finally an S day snob, and much more discerning.
It's a good feeling.
Things are really starting to feel much more effortless and I am glad, because I think the good habits are truly setting in now.
Yesterday I even ate my dessert on my plate along with my dinner because I want to get really in the habit of having one plate of food per meal, S day or not.
Wishing all a good day :)
Peace and Love and flying donuts! :P
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:58 pm

I can't help but wonder if their recipes for donuts have changed due to higher costs, etc.

We're having a resurgance of Dunkin' Donuts where I live. After years of none, suddenly quite a few have opened. There's one very near me. I used to like them, so a while after they opened I stopped in to get one (okay, a few...).

I had an experience much like yours. It just tasted BAD. I not only threw out the one I was eating, but the others I'd bought. It was quite a shock to realize that the donuts made at the grocery store were better than Dunkin' Donuts. My local grocery has some chocolate cake donuts that are really good. Or at least they were the last time I had them which was earlier this spring -- before the farmer's market opened.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:10 am

Hope it didn't hit anyone behind me! LOL
Debs,
you're since of humor is priceless!

and a big shout out and HOORAY for "S day Snobs" ....
may we all become one :D

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

KAxelrod

Post by KAxelrod » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:27 am

Well - as long as we're talking about S days and donuts....

I was in North Carolina this weekend, doing a college visit with my daughter who is a high school senior. On Saturday morning, I was driving into Asheville, and saw a Krispy Kreme donut store. My favorite place to eat multiple donuts. Well - it was an S day, and I thought I'd stop and get ONE donut and some coffee. But, as I was starting to pull into the parking lot, I realized I simply didn't feel like having a donut. So, I left. Donut-less. Now - That's a first for me. Later in the day, when I finally felt like having something sweet, I had something sweet. A small brownie. That's all I wanted. (then again, in contrast...today, I have been an idiot. Eat, eat, eat all day. Lots of sweets, lots of seconds, lots of snacks. But, I'm happy to move on to Monday, and leave this day behind me with no judgment or guilt. That's also a first.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:25 pm

Thanks for your replies friends :)
Hehe, Blue, thanx.
Hah KAxelrod, that is amazing news about not going back to the old "eat several crispy cremes" thing.. (God those are good! LOL)
Weird K, I had a similar thing happen.. after the being good with the donut flinging, I ended up having a really overindulgent dinner last night though.. Went to a buffet with my son and went bananas.. I swear I felt so disgusting afterwards.
Wow, I am not going to do that again for a very long time. I probably ate as much in that one meal as I would have in two days...
I'm very happy it's Monday!
Forward march :)

Peace and Love
8) Debs

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:29 pm

I was reading Merry's post about the desserts/snacks at her Bible study and realized that most wouldn't be at all appealing to me anymore. I've gotten so picky (in a good way, I think) about what I eat!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

KAxelrod

Post by KAxelrod » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:38 pm

By the way, Debs. Congratulations on throwing the donut out the window. It's an amazing thing to start to eat something you have eaten mindlessly before, realize you don't want it, and fling it out the window.

I love the support on this board. Even thought I've just started No S this month, and have barely started writing on this discussion board, I find so much support and wisdom in peoples' posts here.

Nichole

Re: S day Snobbery :)

Post by Nichole » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:49 pm

gratefuldeb67 wrote:Haha I just wanted to share a funny moment today. I had to go and use the facilities at a Dunkin donuts today, whilst out doing some shopping..
So of course I bought a donut..
But when I got into my car and started eating it, it was so awful.
It was a bit stale and greasy and tasted like eating hardened palm oil and corn syrup.
So after two bites, I decided that even though today is an S day, I need not eat stuff that's bad, and flung it out the window!
Hope it didn't hit anyone behind me! LOL :)
The old me would have eaten it and just kinda complained about how it wasn't very good, but that I had paid for it, and also the whole "but its an S day" so time to indulge in treats..
Just I think at this point, I am finally an S day snob, and much more discerning.
It's a good feeling.
Things are really starting to feel much more effortless and I am glad, because I think the good habits are truly setting in now.
Yesterday I even ate my dessert on my plate along with my dinner because I want to get really in the habit of having one plate of food per meal, S day or not.
Wishing all a good day :)
Peace and Love and flying donuts! :P
8) Debs
You flung a donut out the window???? How funny is that!!! I'm sure the ants and/or the birds and squirrels loved the treat.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:54 pm

Hahah hi again and thanks everyone.
Yes Wosnes (btw is your name an acronym or something LOL)
it's good to be picky and choosy! Settle for only the best :wink:
Yes Nicole it was funny! LOL
JAxelrod, this is the most supportive board to find.
The nicest people are on here, and I have always felt it was a testament to our lovely and supportive Reinhard. Like attracts like.
Take care all.
8) Debs

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:20 pm

gratefuldeb67 wrote:Yes Wosnes (btw is your name an acronym or something LOL)
It's a word-scramble of something that has personal meaning to me -- also a screen name that I assumed not too many people would have. And I was right!

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:06 pm

Throwing a donut out a window is fabulous visual! And what a great decision!!!

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:15 pm

Hah thanks Janie :)
Well I am not the only one who does this apparently..
I was on my walk yesterday evening, and at some point I recalled the donut incident as I was strolling, only to look down three steps later and see a non eaten, what looked like, dunkin donuts, chocolate cake donut in the gutter!!!
That was a twilight zone moment for me I'll tell you!!
hahahah :)

Lets all unite and make Sept 21 "International fling a donut out your window" day!" ** :P
LOL

8) Debs

** Note, donut must be stale and inedible :)