Failed today

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Betty

Failed today

Post by Betty » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:13 pm

I just want to make this more public than my habit cal, if I may. I failed today (Sundays are N days for me). At first it was a minor slip-up, then it tumbled into a binge. I feel gross, physically and spiritually.

The minor slip up thing: definitely a "fencing" problem. it's happened a lot lately.

This week I WILL get back on track. Vanilla, vanilla, vanilla.

Betty
Be your own best friend and advocate. Be gentle and kind to yourself. Your weight is not the problem.

Before: 140
During: 140 (again!)

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:20 pm

Betty....

I'm sorry today was a yucky day. Good for you though that you're determined to get back on track. You CAN do this and tomorrow will be better...

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:48 pm

Hi Betty, just curious why Sundays aren't S days for you?
They seem to be the one day of the week that should be a mental wind down.
Hope you can bounce back and come back strong!
Peace and Love
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:03 pm

Betty, please forgive yourself and move on. When I fail, it often can be linked back to not having a satisfying meal that day. And when I am thinking clearly, instead of indulging in a snack, I will have one of the "default" items that I try to keep on hand, like a glass of milk or juice, or some hot cocoa.

Best of luck as you continue No S-ing!

Betty

Post by Betty » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:45 am

Thanks everyone for the encouragement.

Crazy Cat: It's true, I should have just had a latte and waited it out, but :roll: ...

Deb: I started with Friday and Saturday as S days because 90% of our special dinners are on Friday and because our end of the week meetings on Friday afternoon at work are catered with these unresistable yummy treats.

Also, I have a lot of vacation time and I wanted to learn how to stay on habit at home too.

Also, for me emotional eating is definitely stress related. When I have time to make good meals (eg on a sunday) I don't (usually! :oops: ) have as many slip ups.

betty
Be your own best friend and advocate. Be gentle and kind to yourself. Your weight is not the problem.

Before: 140
During: 140 (again!)

KAxelrod

Post by KAxelrod » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:51 pm

Hey Betty -

I can very much identify with your minor slip up, to the full-out binge. And the feeling terrible physically and spiritually.

But, so much of what I see with all these No-S veterans is about NOT having the guilt about it, forgiving, and moving on. It sounds like you are doing that. Great work. Good luck getting back on track. You can do it. I find it inspiring when we "fail" and then keep going. More inspiring than being "perfect" the whole journey.

And, some day soon, I'll probably need someone to "feed" those same words back to me.