New to the No-S Diet

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jerebo

New to the No-S Diet

Post by jerebo » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:25 pm

Hi all,

I am slowly building up to the No-S diet. I started with "sweets." Once I get that down, I'm moving on to snacks. Seconds aren't usually a problem.

For me, "no sweets" has been incredibly hard. I've been super hungry--and in many cases, fixated on what I can't have. That's why I decided not to add the snacks part of the equation just yet. Plus, I've discovered that if I can't have sweets, I don't generally care for any other snacks.

I did well on day 1 and day 2. Today I caved and had some sugar. :oops: It was much less than I would normally have, but some of the problem is that I've been at home with my sick child, rather than at work. If I'm working, it's usually a bit easier to distract myself. Anyway, I want to make it 21 days on no-sweets and then move into snacks/seconds.

I guess I'm a wimp.

Southerngal45

Post by Southerngal45 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:18 am

Hi Jerebo..I don't think you're a wimp at all. It sounds like the smart way to go if you think that's what will work for you..I started full force today (day 1) and it's the time of evening when I'm REALLY wanting a snack. The way you're going about it sounds good to me about now! lol Good luck with the plan! Have a great night!

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:10 am

Welcome, jerebo!

I hope that your child is better soon.

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:41 am

I find that if I am really craving something sweet, a cup of sweetened tea or coffee works wonders. I get some suger for the tastebuds, but it is FAR less than a sweet or chocolate would be. I find this also does not trigger a sugar binge afterwards, and the liquid fills the tummy up a bit.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

Cassie

Post by Cassie » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:00 am

Hi Jerebo, just wanted to say welcome & good luck.

Sugar cravings are hard to crack but you'll be surprised, if you stick to it, how much your cravings have decreased within a couple of weeks. If you can manage to be a bit strict with the 'no sweets' rule I promise within a couple of weeks it'll be much easier. When I have sugar cravings I find that a hot cup of latte coffee (no sugar / skinny milk) helps, or a cup of hot tea (no sugar) with a splash of milk. Alternatively a cup of hot cocoa might do the trick (again no sugar but lots of milk). In general try drinks when you have those cravings is what I'm saying :D . (Juice diluted with water works too).
Restarting NoS (after going back & forth over the last 4 years) in November 2013.

GOAL: to lose 10 kilos.
HAVE ACHIEVED SO FAR: 1.6 kilo

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:18 pm

welcome!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me