Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just Started

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paladn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Just Started Reply with quote

OK, I am ready to succeed. I have attempted dozens of diets in my life and I am ready to turn the corner and succeed.

Any assistance/encouragement would be appreciated. Embarassed
freegirlnow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just starting too... my motto is "Embrace Change....sometimes we need to begin again." It's never too late to do the right thing...for ourselves. Simplicity is definitly the theme here....I am reminding myself to keep it simple, plan ahead and don't obsess. Very Happy
reinhard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome paladn, freegirlnow!

Best of luck and keep us posted. Don't hesitate to ask for help or encouragement if you run into trouble.

Reinhard
freegirlnow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the encouragement.... Reply with quote

I have taken to checking -in. I think this is a great incemtive and reading the other posts is helpful in realizing we are all just human. So, Day 5 and doing great! This is the answer to a lifetime of dieting/failing. Thank you for this ingeniously simple solution to self control! Very Happy

Susan

chiquitabanana

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck to you. I am in the same boat just starting. I think if we just think of our health first everything else like weight loss will fall into place. Just take it one day at a time.
freegirlnow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to No S-ing! Great advice. One day at a time and even sometimes one hour at a time. Exclamation I find using the daily check-in forum helps immensely. Also, I just keep reminding myself when tempted...that indulging and over eating are no kindness towards myself. Good luck!
kotcherd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: I'm new at this too. Reply with quote

I've done only 3 N days, but I know this is going to work. The concept of the "Empty Plate" meaning "I'm done" is simple but amazingly powerful. There is always another plate to look forward to in a few hours. I'm impressed with how good food tastes when there are boundaries. Let's keep going.
Jillio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm new at this too. Reply with quote

kotcherd wrote:
I've done only 3 N days, but I know this is going to work. The concept of the "Empty Plate" meaning "I'm done" is simple but amazingly powerful. There is always another plate to look forward to in a few hours. I'm impressed with how good food tastes when there are boundaries. Let's keep going.

This is me, exactly. It also is a great feeling to actually think about what I WANT to eat instead of 'how many points can I afford to spend on this meal and still have enough for later'. To just think about what food actually sounds delicious and filling....wow, what a concept. Smile
FarmerHal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.
My recommendation is to take it one meal at a time. Heck one houre at a time like freegirlnow said! If I get snacky, I look at the clock and see that maybe it's just an hour and a half till supper, which really isn't that far off.

Sometimes it's ok to be a little hungry Smile

Good luck in your journey to success!!
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> No S Diet General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: