Okay, what's going on

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Stef

Okay, what's going on

Post by Stef » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:52 pm

Pretty amazing.
I've been doing the No-S thing for four weeks now. And honestly, I have not cheated once, even when my boss brought in all these doughnuts to celebrate the new table she bought (seriously). And I don't snack because I'm too lazy to bring food to work. No seconds because I don't have much of an appetite. I've even been upping the exercise as the weather's improved.

And I kid you not, I have not lost ONE OUNCE. My scale keeps reading the same thing. What is going on here? :?

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:23 pm

Are you hungry for your meals? And do you let yourself get hungry on the weekends? I find after two years that I lose when I consistently get hungry for at least an hour before it's time for my meals. It means I need less food at my meals than I thought. If I eat too much at a meal, I don't get hungry at my next meal time. But ease into this, if that's what the problem is.

Reinhard has said in this situation to use smaller plates. I often do for lunch when I eat at home.

Also, the less you have to lose, or the farther down in your normal BMI range you want to be, the smaller your meals may need to be.

It does still seem early for you to be considering mods, though. Let a few more people have their say, and know that many who have tried mods have just gone back to Vanilla No S after the mod ended up causing more problems down the road.

I hope you find the solution within No S because it is such a sane way to live.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:50 pm

I agree with Oolala. You should be hungry for your meals. This simply says that you haven't overloaded your plate at the last meal and your body is ready for and needing more fuel.
Try using smaller plates and take an honest look at your serving sizes...and remember, filling your plate means filling horizontally - not vertically! :lol:
Keep at it and the weight should begin to drop. Maybe take a look at sodium consumption? You could be retaining water perhaps.

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:10 am

I have read that this is the only diet that starts on the maintenance stage. It teaches you to be moderate and to establish good habits. It teaches you not to keep gaining.

I would just give it time and be moderate with your weekends.
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:05 pm

r.jean wrote:I have read that this is the only diet that starts on the maintenance stage. It teaches you to be moderate and to establish good habits. It teaches you not to keep gaining.

I would just give it time and be moderate with your weekends.
I'd give it time and concentrate on the habits rather than weight loss. Also, you don't mention how much you have to lose to get to the weight you want to be. The less you have to lose, the longer it seems to take to see results. You might also need to look at exactly what you are eating.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."