Update

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mklamb

Update

Post by mklamb » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:15 pm

Just wanted to update everyone on my "way of life". :-) Have made the "No-S-Diet" my lifestyle. No problems at all so far. It has been easy for me to follow the plan (lucky). I have followed the plan strictly and have not had any cravings for any S on NoS days. I also am able to eat all the different kinds of food without having to worry about calories, red meat or not, carbs or not, etc. Everything and anything!!!

Surprisingly (and GOOD), I have increased my intake of fruits and vegetables. At the end of every meal (B, L and D) I have to have a fruit otherwise I feel as if I my meal is not complete. Being Indian, our meals have rice and rotis (tortillas), but on this lifestyle, the intake has gone down.

Another good thing is I have started to pack my lunches from home as opposed to eating out all the time. Saving money! Oh, yeah!!!.

On S days, BRING THE SWEETS ON :D ;but, I have noticed that my sugar/sweet intake has gone down a lot. Having a small piece of cake or anything sweet for that matter keeps me satisfied. I do have this small piece for lunch and dinner but it gets progressively smaller as the weekend goes by.

Started on Feb 16, 2005. Was at 185 lbs. As of today - April 28, 2005 I am at 176 lbs - 9 lbs in 10 weeks.

I am also doing the Shovelglove (8 lbs) and Urban Ranger (on the recumbent bike) 5 times a week. I have reached a stage where I cannot wait to do them both by the time Monday comes along. :-) Honestly, I am at times relieved the weekend is over so that I can get back to Shoveling and Walking.

Thanx Reinhard! Appreciate all you have done.
Thanx,
Mahesh
"Life is simple, people make it difficult"

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:57 pm

Mahesh,

Congratulations! This is fantastic. You could have cross posted this to the "Financial Systems" discussion as well :wink:

By way of comparison:

http://nosdiet.com/group/3196.html

I feel the same way about weekends. They're just long enough. Three day holiday weekends, when they happen, feel like too much. I'm glad to get back to the comfort of the routine. The power of habit is amazing, that it can turn something strenuous into a comfort. But without these weekends and holidays off, not only would I be unable to sustain the routine, I'd be unable to appreciate it (and I think that's crucial for sustenance). It's kind of a nice and useful feeling of "too much."

I'm also happy to hear you're taking advantage of your limited opportunities to eat healthfully and well. It's funny how nutrition, this seemingly big, difficult issue that people write all kinds of books about virtually takes care of itself on no-S. It's important, naturally, but with this, it's easy. It don't need a system of its own, and it's much more fun without one. Assuming a modicum of curiosity, it just needs a stage, and that's what no-s gives it.

gratefuldeb67

Wow Maha Mahesh!

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun May 01, 2005 12:55 am

YAY Mahesh!
That is great news! How about your family? Do you involve them too?
I love Indian cuisine... I would have a serious problem with seconds!
Actually, there are some decent frozen Indian entrees at the fancier supermarket in town, and they automatically stop at one serving...
With a fruit or nice drink that really would suffice :)
Keep us posted and thanks for the update!
Best wishes!
Peace,
8) Debbie