Check in 8/20, 21,22

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Lethaltoenails

Check in 8/20, 21,22

Post by Lethaltoenails » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:36 pm

Had great weekend in Adks. Eating definitely in control. Hiked 16 miles up and down Blue Mtn, Castle Rock and Sargent Ponds. First day ate PB&J sandwich, dinner had NA beer and fish entree, no dessert!!! Sat. ate good b'fast, trail food and a pasta entree (did not finish it!!! that was the hard part) and salad, my "s" was a "sundae" (small one) and it was really good. The next day (sunday) ate good b'fast, half a turkey panini for lunch and a big salad for supper and NO "S" today - didn't have the time for it and didn't really want it.

Today - PBJ for b'fast, japanese lunch (miso soup, small tempura portion of which I took most of the breading off, salad with the orangey dressing, water, and three pieces of calif. roll. I DID NOT EAT THE WHITE RICE THAT CAME WITH THE LUNCH!!!!!!), and lots of water all day. NO SODA EITHER!!!!!!!!

I have no idea what supper will be, probably squash from the garden and a portion controlled chicken breast on the grill.

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:21 pm

Blue Mountain, Castle Rock and Sargent Pond -- I have been to all those places!!
Chance favors the prepared. - Louis Pasteur

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:39 pm

Good Job Lethal TN's....
(ps.. you might want to change the topic description for your checkin from 8/22, etc.. to, something like "Lethal toenails checkin"... I'm assuming you will be doing this for a while, not just for three days..
Keep up the good work!
Peace,
8) Deb