Hellish Canine Visual Diet Aide...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gratefuldeb67

Hellish Canine Visual Diet Aide...

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:46 am

Hey Reinhard and all,
Richard and I are watching the first Harry Potter movie again... When the scene with "Fluffy" the three headed dog came up, I told him that the image of a three headed dog originally came from Dante's Inferno..
Then I decided to look that up for more info, and I was reminded that the dog "Cerebrus" who guarded the third circle, was keeping watch over "The Gluttons"....
Punishment for trying to escape the third circle (a garbage heap of food refuse, like a pig stye!! LOL... eeew... ) was getting slobbered on by the drool of Cerebrus....

I think that a picture of that on a refrigerator with a big NOS, and a bunch of drool hanging from the teeth, would be a strong deterrant for my night time raids!!! Probably better than Zeul!

No Zuel,,,,,,
Just Dog drool!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that Virgil decided to try NoS once he saw that dog!!!!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:22 am

I like that image! Have you found an image on the web to copy?

I made my refrigerator sign with a fat piggy in a chef's outfit as a frame for my No-S logo. It sticks right next to the handle where I see it every time I open the fridge door.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:53 pm

Beautiful... I never made it up to Virgil in Latin class, what a pity.

I have to make use of that image somehow. Would make a very funny refrigerator magnet.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:49 pm

So far I don't have an image of Cerebrus, but I found a really great print of "The Gluttons" from this site....
When you click on the page make sure to, then, hit "enlarge" on the picture... Drawn to look artistically accurate for the time, with a sort of medieval quality, this picture has loads of modern references, like McDonalds and Crispy Creme..
Look at the strewn donut boxes littering the ground, all around the wallowing "pigs" in the mud!!!!!!

It's a truly gross image!!! LOL....
Enjoy!!!
http://www.trilliumprints.com/inferno/index.php
Once you are on the site, go to "Archives" link and click until you get to the "Gluttons" picture, which is about the sixth one....

You will love this Reinhard! :lol:
It makes you think twice about going and getting a dozen donuts on an S day! LOL.....
Love,
8) Deb

Ariel King

Post by Ariel King » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:49 pm

Wow, that IS a great image Deb. I love the guy holding out a soft drink to the people standing up... like he's trying to get them to share in his misery. Ick!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:55 pm

Yeah, note that it's a supersized one! LOL....
Definitely Icky!!!
:wink: Deb

Well off to the park!