Pizza Night - help!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Lethaltoenails

Pizza Night - help!

Post by Lethaltoenails » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:54 pm

Hello Fellow No-S'ers out there....

How do we handle pizza on N days? Mondays are usually Pizza Night at our house. One slice or two? Help~! :?

Karyn

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:27 pm

Hi Lethal,

Technically, if you fit it on a plate, it's legit. One slice wouldn't fill me up. Unless you're a tiny little thing, 2 sounds very reasonable.

Reinhard

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:34 pm

Depending on the size of the pizza, 2 or 3 slices is what I would normally go for. If it fits on a plate without overhanging much, you can eat it.

Generally, it's easiest if you take a plate, put all your pizza on it and eat it, but don't go back for seconds. If you're out with friends who you think wouldn't understand you loading your plate up that much, you could decide yourself how many pieces you're going to eat by virtually plating it up, then stick to it.

good luck. Let us know how it goes for you!
C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:35 pm

Hi Karyn!
Yeah, one is way to "Martyr'ish"....
But you can't complain about two...
Three??????
Hmmm?

I also find that if you spice things up, with Garlic and hot pepper etc, it's just more satisfying...
If two slices still seem like a small amount to you, have a small salad or fruit on the side, and a big ol glass of water!

Oh and remember to save some leftovers for Navin's breakfast! LOL...
(See Navin's thread for this Pizza reference...)
Peace and Pizza!
8) Deb

Justin

Post by Justin » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:11 pm

Is there going to be salad too? Then one slice might be enough. Last night I had pizza (it was a Sunday) and I had three pieces. That felt like way too much, afterwards. I've found that two slices more than fills me up, but might not be immediate! So... sounds like just filling the plate works best, as a rule.

J

Kevin

Second Justin's opinion

Post by Kevin » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:20 pm

I second Justin's opinion. A salad really, really makes pizza go further. Without it, pizza night is very difficult around my house. I could as easily eat eight pieces as a more reasonable two or three.

Also, eat slow. Pizza is so d@mn easy to eat...
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

Justin

Re: Second Justin's opinion

Post by Justin » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:22 pm

Kevin wrote:I second Justin's opinion. A salad really, really makes pizza go further. Without it, pizza night is very difficult around my house. I could as easily eat eight pieces as a more reasonable two or three.

Also, eat slow. Pizza is so d@mn easy to eat...
Slowness is key. I'll eat two pieces and still feel hungry, but it's because I wolf-down the slices. In general, I think it's better to eat more slowly. It give your body the chance to let you know when it has enough food. There's no rush--I don't think the slice of pizza is going to get up and walk off your plate.

J

Lethaltoenails

Post by Lethaltoenails » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:40 pm

Wow, what a response!!

Thanks friends, I'm going for 2 slices and salad with WATER!!

Cheers :D