Cravings on Mondays

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

DLB66

Cravings on Mondays

Post by DLB66 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:54 am

Hello - I'm new to the board and just getting re-established with NoS. I'm having a lot of trouble with sweets cravings on Mondays, after having eaten sweets for the previous two days. It's definitely a pattern with me.

I'm wondering if I should cut myself off from sweets on Sundays (or just Sunday evenings), or just power through this. I did sneak the kid's Easter candy after they went to bed Sunday night (bad mommy!), and maybe I had the sweet stuff too close to bedtime.

Sugar (in the form of chocolate) is always my downfall.

Anyone else struggled with this?

Thanks.

geekmom

Post by geekmom » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:08 am

Hi! I've been no-Sing for about 3 weeks now and have definitely noticed that it's hardest on Mondays; it seems my body's out of whack after the weekend.

Sugar can be a powerfully addictive substance and I take my Monday cravings as evidence of that! I try to make sure I have filling and interesting meals on Monday so that I'm less likely to feel "deprived". If the craving gets really bothersome I have a hot drink and that usually does the trick, particularly if there's some protein in it (ie a latte). Maybe this would help for you too.

It might be interesting to experiment with cutting out the sweets earlier on Sundays for a couple of weeks, to see if that has any effect. Let us know what you find out, if you try it!

DLB66

Post by DLB66 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:04 pm

Thanks geekmom - I am going to try cutting off sweets at the end of the day on Sundays and see if that helps. Good suggestion about the hot drink - a small non-fat mocha has rescued me many times! I think just knowing I will encounter this problem on Mondays, and planning for it, may help.

Thanks!