Newbie here

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

CarrieAnn

Newbie here

Post by CarrieAnn » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:52 am

Hi,
I have been doing this No S (kind of) for the last month. I finally realize that I need some kind of support to be able to really do this No S. I have been trying for years to eat well during the week and do no rules on the weekend, so this sounds like the perfect thing for me. I will officially start on Monday, Sept. 19th. I have to admit that I have been reading your posts since about July and I feel like I already know most of you. :D Now maybe you can get to know me. Thanks!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:20 am

Hi Carrie Ann!
You can do it!!!!
Love,
8) Deb

peetie

Post by peetie » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:22 am

Hi Carrie Ann!

I've always liked the idea of week ends off myself. But somehow it never worked. This plan gives us enough structure during the week to make the difference. But not so much that we dread Mondays.

You'll love it!

Peetie

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:21 pm

Welcome Carrie Ann!!

We are glad you finally emerged out of the closet. :lol:

Make a daily check-in if you want. It seems to help with accountability. (To one's self or couse, not the group.)

Best of luck.

Dru

CarrieAnn

Post by CarrieAnn » Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:21 pm

Thank you all so much for your replys! It will be easy to remember when I joined this wonderful group of people because Sept. 17th just happens to be my birthday.

I think I will do the daily check in Dru. I agree that it will help me keep in check during the week. My husband and I run our own business here from home, so I am home all day. That makes it pretty easy to just step into the kitchen and eat. I am so excited that I'm finally here! :D All of you are a great inspiration to me. This is my first time ever being on any kind of message board.

I will help all of you with support too
CarrieAnn

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:50 am

Welcome, CarrieAnn...glad you're here!!! And one more thing:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Blue Daisy

Post by Blue Daisy » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:33 am

Welcome CarrieAnn. Glad to have you on board. I'm sort of a newbie too. I'm on my 13th day. Surprisingly, it's really not been that hard. Good luck. I'm sure you'll be able to do it.
The secret to success is small, but very consistent changes.

peetie

Post by peetie » Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:45 pm

While working from home can make it "too easy" to have access to food, I have actually found it to be the opposite. I find it easier to eat "properly" when I am home as opposed to working outside of the home. I have much more control of what and when I eat because my day is not dictated by somebody else. So try to look at it as an advantage, and you just may find it is!

Peetie

CarrieAnn

Post by CarrieAnn » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:19 pm

Thank you all! I had a great day on my birthday. My husband made my favorite cake, Dump Cake. Kind of a funny name but you actually just layer these items in a 9X13 pan and bake. It contains crushed pineapple, cheery pie filling, yellow cake mix, a package of chocolate chips, a cube of butter cut up over that and pecans on top, delicious :!: Definately an S day item.

Well tomorrow is going to be my first N day. Thanks Peetie for your positive remarks about eating at home, when at home all day. I will think of it that way.

CarrieAnn :D

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:12 am

Oh sorry Carrie Ann!
I missed it at first....

Happy Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!If you feel like dumping some of that great sounding cake on me, I have room for dessert now!
Hope it was a great special day!
Love and Peace,
8) Deb

Tonsha

Post by Tonsha » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:36 am

Hi CarrieAnn!

I know what you mean about getting support in the forums. It has really helped me over the last 4 weeks (Especially Deb - She's really great!)

It might be a good idea to set up a daily check in as well (have you already done that? I haven't noticed if you did - please forgive my ignrance). I've found that having to check in each day and register a SUCCESS or FAILURE has really kept me focussed.

No S is a great system that doesn't require lots of maintenance or worry. Just a bit of common sense, and enough willpower to last until the next meal (or bedtime).

I'm sure you'll do great!

DaveA
"The best diet is the one you don’t know you’re on" - Brian Wansink

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:08 pm

Awww Tonsha!
It takes one to know one...
Thanks! :wink:
Hey CarrieAnn! Start a thread, and if you did already, forgive me if I am
"Ignant"

LOL...
(I picked that one up from when I lived in New Orleans!)
8) Love,
Deb

CarrieAnn

Post by CarrieAnn » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:09 pm

Thanks Dave! Yes, I'm going to start my daily check in tonight after dinner.
Thank for the Happy Birthday Deb! You are so funny, I love reading your posts! So far so good today. Still have dinner to get to but I'll do it. Most of my eating problems are snacks, usually between lunch & dinner and dessert at night, oh yeah, picking at food before my meal, after my meal and while cooking. So now I look at that as snacking. Should be interesting breaking that habit, but I am determined. Before when I was trying to do this on my own usually by Thursday I would start snacking and then Friday, well that was close enough to Saturday for dessert , right
:wink:

Well I better get, hubby needs the computer.

CarrieAnn

CarrieAnn

Post by CarrieAnn » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:07 pm

Hi, can anyone explain the 21 Day Club to me? Is it 21 days straight of no sing or 5 days no s & weekend off and so on for 3 weeks?

Thanks!
CarrieAnn

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:16 am

Choice number two Miss CarrieAnn :)
It's really fun to give it a try!
The weekend is that steam valve and it makes it really doable!
Woo hoo!
Give it a go!
Love,
8) Deb

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:45 pm

Welcome and happy birthday, CarrieAnn!

Looking forward to seeing you in the 21 club (ditto what Deb said). Don't be discouraged if it takes you a few tries to get there. The knowledge that no matter how often you screw up, you're never more than three weeks away from forming a life altering habit should be an inspiration.

CarrieAnn

Post by CarrieAnn » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:41 pm

Thanks Deb for the info and thanks to you Reinhard for welcoming me and the happy birthday! Deb & Reinhard you are both wonderful people! Yesterday was my first N day & did not get a chance last night to start my daily check in so I will do that now.

Peace & Love (Deb this is what you use and I like it, because that is what the world needs, peace and love!

CarrieAnn

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:06 pm

The 21 Club is three weeks straight, both No-S and S-Days. So, when you reach 21, you will have done altogether 15 No-S Days, and 6 S-Days. And you will have acquired a great habit to boot!!!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:51 am

Yay Carrie Ann!!!
You, too, are super wonderful!
And so is our friend founder Reinhard!...
Love and Peace,
(I have to sign it different now and then for variety! LOL.)
:wink: Deb

CarrieAnn

Post by CarrieAnn » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:28 am

Hi, can anyone explain to me how to create an avatar?

Thanks!
CarrieAnn

Bye the way I am from the State of Oregon, been married to my husband since Feb. 1991 and have a son 19yrs old who joined the Army right after graduation from High School in 2004. We miss him, but he seems happy and is doing well in the military. He is going to try and come home for Christmas.
In fact the town we live in is Christmas Valley. Oh yeah and I'm 44 yrs old. I use to always just be able to excersie to loose weight but now that alone isn't working. So that is what brought me here to No S. Thank you Reinhard!!

Azathoth

Post by Azathoth » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:14 am

You can create an avatar by clicking the "Profile" link at the top of the page and scrolling all the way down to the bottom of your options. The last thing will be about creating an avatar.

Basically you need an image file either from the web or stored locally on your machine that is no larger than 80 pixels by 80 pixels and whose total size is less than 6kb.