LYNNES FIRST DAY

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

lynne2005

LYNNES FIRST DAY

Post by lynne2005 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:47 pm

Hey I found the board lol.
Ive managed my first day - well i think i did it right anyway!
One full plate of food three times a day! Nourishing good food it was too!
No Snacks, No sweets, and No Seconds.
I did an hours walking - intended half an hour but my cars battery died and i had to walk home from the local park with my two massive, unruly dogs leading and pulling all the way!!!! still ill count it as a blessing.

What do i do here? Do i write once a day, or morning and night or what? Help Meeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!! Im only learning !!!
See you all soon.

Lynne
A person with no imagination can never dream, a person who never dreams can never have those dreams come true!

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:02 am

Hi Lynne.

Welcome.

You can post whenever you want. Some of us do posts daily and some check in once a week. I think I posted my food intake daily for the first 21 days. You will note on the homepage that Reinhard suggests 21 as a magic number to develop a habit.

Good luck. I wish you much sucess. I think No S is really a fun and easy way to feel good and get a grip with any weight or food issues that you may have.

Dru

navin

Post by navin » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:16 am

Hey Lynne, welcome aboard... as Dru says, post as often as you feel it necessary. If you're new and are finding it a little difficult at first, you might try posting once a day. The accountability can help. Of couse, it helps to read other's boards too to see how the rest of us are doing, and how we deal with everyday problems, and not to feel discouraged becuase even those of us who have been doing it for a while still mess up every now and then. :)

And somewhat off-topic, have you ever heard of Optima car batteries? Those things are awesome - I have had mine for more than 5 years now and it has given me no problems whatsoever. (And it's outlasted just about every other part in my car...)
Before criticizing someone, you should try walking a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:19 am

Hey great, you found your way over here. Post as often as you like. I like logging things, and reading what other people post, so I do this every day, usually in the evening, when I've finished whatever exercise I'm getting for the day. Hope you have as much fun here as I have had over the past few months.

Read and re-read what Reinhard wrote on the No-S homepage. Reading in bed, just before you fall asleep is really a very effective means of getting the No-S principles into your head.

Glad you're here...much success to you!!!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:34 am

Hey Lynne, congrats on a good first day!!!
I hope it's not the last one???? LOL..
(Your thread title made me say that... :P )

Hugs,
8) Deb

JWL

Post by JWL » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:51 am

Hi Lynne,

You're getting good advice. I decided to post every day for the foreseeable future, mostly because I have/had a lot of weight to lose, and I wanted that virtual "illusion" of accountability for myself. This is a powerful motivational tool; "I want to decline eating this ice cream because I want to be able to post that I had a good day." It's a quick, and for me very effective, way to combat the rationalization that can so easily occur in the hidden recesses of my mind.... heh, sometimes when it comes to eating I feel like Gollum.... "go ahead, eats it my love, no one but usssss will ever know.... my precious Ben and Jerry'sssssssss...."

Heh. Anyway, yeah, while you're developing your good habits, this is a great place to lay it all out on the table. And there is tons of good advice from a wide array of people (including Reinhard, the inventor of No-S) and a beautiful squad of cheerleaders to egg you on!

But yes, I'm on day 85 and I've been posting more or less daily in my thread. Others post more....

Good luck!
JWL[.|@]Freakwitch[.]net