No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Miss louann

Post by Miss louann » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:20 pm

Hello ! My name is Miss Louann. I am new to NOSDIET. I sort of tried the program about a year ago, but wasn't motivated to really do it.
I am only bout 5-10 lbs. over weight. It may not sound like a problem to most of you, but it is to me. Let me briefly explain. I am almost 50 years old and have struggled with eating for about 35 years.I have been so addicted to dieting that I just don't know how to eat anymore. No carbs, some carbs, some fat,no fat. I want to be NORMAL, and just eat. No more binges (out of rebellion to all the dieting ) I hope I find support here. I really need the help.
Thanks, Miss Louann

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:25 pm

Yay Miss Louann!!!!
Go girl go!!!!

LOL..
I think you'll love this way of eating and managing your weight..
You're really lucky in that you don't have much to lose.. This is a mainly maintenence style diet...
So try your hardest for at least three weeks, to develop a three meal a day habit and enjoy the weekend or other S days you have..
Sneaky lady, joining on a Friday!
You've got it made... :lol:
You will see that the NoS plan takes all the annoying headaches out of your choices of food... It eliminates the pure garbage, and lets you be a human being, and less obsessed with distracting details...
Make sure you combine this with some exercise as well.. It works better then...
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:50 pm

Welcome, Miss Louann. Glad to have you back. It takes most people a few tries for this to click.

You're right: 5-10 pounds may not be much, but enjoying eating again is. The stakes are qualitatively very high!

CarrieAnn

Post by CarrieAnn » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:32 pm

Hi Miss Louann,
I started this No S on Monday of this week, so this is my 5th day. Already I can tell that this is going to be good. I don't constantly think of food and what I am going to eat and when. Just 3 good meals a day, and on the weekend you can have some treats and it is allowed. I'm 44 yrs old and not far behind you. You can do it :D

Good luck to you!
CarrieAnn

peetie

Post by peetie » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:35 pm

Miss Louann, I've got 5 years on you, and I joined up here to basically maintain. And ended up losing 5 lbs. If I can maintain this weight without going up and down and all over the place, I will have succeeded in my mission. And so far....so good. My goal is to have ONE size in my closet for now and for the duration. I'm getting to the point where I think I just may be doing some cleaning out very soon.

Peetie

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:05 pm

Yay Peetie!!!!
Closet cleaning is a big deal!!!
Hugs!
8) Deb