How Do You Eat On S Days?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Tombo

How Do You Eat On S Days?

Post by Tombo » Fri May 04, 2018 12:34 pm

I've got my first S day coming up tomorrow, I was just wondering how do you eat on S days?

What does a meal look like on an S day? Do you snack on S days?

How do they compare to your Non-S Days?

Marina

Post by Marina » Fri May 04, 2018 1:07 pm

Hi Tombo!

What I do on S-days is have 3 meals, dessert and maybe one snack (it can be crisps, popcorn while watching a movie or some tapas if i'm out wirh friends). I try not to go completely crazy and graze all day long, but that's what i found works best for me.

Whenever i eat out, which tends to happen at least once every weekend i just have a plate of whatever i want. I usually am not very concerned over how healthy my plate is on my S days.

Soprano

Post by Soprano » Fri May 04, 2018 1:18 pm

I stick to three meals as much as possible. But will allow a snack if I'm hungry. I will have something sweet if I fancy it. I will have cheese after dinner if I fancy it.

Basically I eat what I want but I don't binge or stuff myself.

Most important thing is not to feel deprived. However if you are serious about losing you will have to be moderate. Take your time with it. It depends where you are with your relationship with food

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Tombo

Post by Tombo » Fri May 04, 2018 3:33 pm

Thank you for sharing your tips guys :D

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat May 05, 2018 6:27 pm

My first S months were wild. They don't have to be, but I caution against have too many strictures. Possibly have whatever you missed the most during Vanilla. It might be a particular food or a behavior. I'm more likely to want to grab bites that my eye falls on when I open the fridge than to long for a dessert.
Last edited by oolala53 on Wed May 09, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Elizabeth 7

Post by Elizabeth 7 » Mon May 07, 2018 5:52 pm

Whatever I want - But usually contains an iced coffee (I don't have them on N days). I reaaallly like cake, too - I've been into carrot cake lately. :) Popcorn is also a popular S day treat for me. Meals? Yeah, sometimes they constitute entirely of popcorn :oops: But the next day? I am right back to my normal habits.
Strategic action, release perfection.

Tombo

Post by Tombo » Tue May 08, 2018 6:58 pm

Elizabeth 7 wrote:Whatever I want - But usually contains an iced coffee (I don't have them on N days). I reaaallly like cake, too - I've been into carrot cake lately. :) Popcorn is also a popular S day treat for me. Meals? Yeah, sometimes they constitute entirely of popcorn :oops: But the next day? I am right back to my normal habits.
Carrot cake is one of my favourite cakes, I love how moist it is!

I made a courgette cake once with cream cheese frosting and that was nice and moist too, I had trouble controlling myself from eating it though :P

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Wed May 09, 2018 3:33 am

Eventually I decided to have 3 meals a day on S days. That was after a year of eating whenever I felt like it on S days. I don't have a lot of treats. Sometimes I just give myself permission to eat more so that I don't feel like I am dieting.
Three meals a day - not too little not too much, but just right

Merry

Post by Merry » Wed May 09, 2018 5:39 am

It took me over 2 years to decide I'd really prefer meals on S days to "grazing." Eating whatever, whenever, was so ingrained for me that even the thought of not allowing S days to be that way seemed too constraining. I tend to rebel when that happens, so I focused on just setting up, establishing, and preserving N day habits. I decided early on--no habits that I wasn't willing to live with long term. Maybe I could have forced change sooner--but maybe I'd have given up on No-S too. I changed when I was ready, willing, and wanting to change. Not that I didn't want snacks--but that reason won out. After two years of being glad for Mondays and always saying, "it feels good to get back to the habit..." I realized the habit was what I wanted on S days too. Now I have 3 meals and a dessert on S days, plus a specialty coffee one of the mornings. If I'm with a friend or if my family is doing something special on an S day, I'd have a snack or extra treat if we're all doing that together--but no more solo rummaging through the cabinets "just because."
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

Tombo

Post by Tombo » Wed May 09, 2018 6:16 am

Merry wrote:It took me over 2 years to decide I'd really prefer meals on S days to "grazing." Eating whatever, whenever, was so ingrained for me that even the thought of not allowing S days to be that way seemed too constraining. I tend to rebel when that happens, so I focused on just setting up, establishing, and preserving N day habits. I decided early on--no habits that I wasn't willing to live with long term. Maybe I could have forced change sooner--but maybe I'd have given up on No-S too. I changed when I was ready, willing, and wanting to change. Not that I didn't want snacks--but that reason won out. After two years of being glad for Mondays and always saying, "it feels good to get back to the habit..." I realized the habit was what I wanted on S days too. Now I have 3 meals and a dessert on S days, plus a specialty coffee one of the mornings. If I'm with a friend or if my family is doing something special on an S day, I'd have a snack or extra treat if we're all doing that together--but no more solo rummaging through the cabinets "just because."
Thansk for sharing, I'm glad you found your solution!

Thanks for sharing too Ladybird!

Soprano

Post by Soprano » Wed May 09, 2018 11:56 am

Great to read the posts above about natural rather than enforced change on S days. I prefer to stick to three meals too. But I'm not rigid about it.

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed May 09, 2018 3:35 pm

I want to clarify what I wrote before. Eating bites out of the fridge is what I might do now. This I would consider tame! Wild was the equivalent of 10 desserts and about 5x the refined starch I would eat in a week. Actually, I did have to be purposeful about taming weekends, though the original wildness did dissolve a bit on its own. But it was only when I was thoroughly convinced that the pain of giving up my wild freedom would be less compared to the pain I was experiencing going overboard. It took a looong time, and I'd be concerned d about it if it wasn't typical never to get over overeating out in there in American excess eating land. And I had no health conditions nor pre-conditions. If I had, I would have been a lot more strict a lot sooner.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

beginagain

Post by beginagain » Sat May 12, 2018 11:37 pm

This time coming back to No S, I have kept the rules even on S days. To really change ingrained habits has simply been my goal. And for me, I realized and was ready, to keep the good habits even on S days. But it doesn't feel like a diet because the one plate continues to be generous.
Anglican