Meal-Timing Food Sample Question

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Tombo

Meal-Timing Food Sample Question

Post by Tombo » Thu May 10, 2018 7:47 pm

Hello everybody,

Next week I am starting a course in mindful eating that runs from 1-3:30pm once a week for 3 weeks. Part of the course involves food samples to practice the techniques they teach

How can I do this course and stick to no s?

Should I have lunch before I go or wait and have the samples?

It doesn’t really say how much food will be given but it is a healthy living course so I don’t think it would be loads, I don’t want to ruin my no s but I think this is a useful skill to have in my toolkit

Any advice?

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:10 pm

Enjoy your course, and don't worry about the extra bits of food. If it dulls your appetite for dinner, you can eat a bit less then. You could count the days as NWS - planned non weekend S days.
Three meals a day - not too little not too much, but just right

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:13 am

I suggest eating a little less at lunch, just to keep the concept of one plate going. It's called virtual plating, but it's usually for down the line. I've been in workshops where we've practiced this, and it was just bites of food.

You might get in touch with the presenters because in that time window, maybe they are expecting the participants to work through a whole lunch, but it's something I would think they would let you know. It's kinda important.

BTW, I really don't like the term "mindful" in this situation. There's not much joy in it. I prefer "savoring." You can be mindful with feeling much pleasure, especially if you have some food-fear issues. (Not YOU you.) But you call it what you like. Just enjoy the food while you're being mindful. :wink:
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)