Seems to good to be true

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

LALA

Seems to good to be true

Post by LALA » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:19 pm

Today is my first day and so far so good, i have been on every diet there is. I wil admit I am a junk food junkie. If i cut out the junk food I am bound to lose some weight. Are fried foods allowed? Or should it be three healthy meals?
Last edited by LALA on Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:28 pm

Hi La la! It's not too good to be true! It is true!!! LOL..
Fried food is allowed, but of course, it would make a lot of sense not to have it too often....
Just cut out eating between your meals, and restrict high sugar foods during the week... You can have cake candy soda etc on your S days...
One of the really great and fun things about NOS is that it allows you to explore your relationship with food and your choices without telling you what to eat and what not to eat... It leave that up to you! This is a cool responsibility to have and it makes you be more consciously involved in your active choices...
There are weeks and days when we all need a heaping bowl of pasta and sauce, others we want meatloaf... Sometimes we don't need to be told, hey eat some salad, because we just feel like that is our comfort food for the day... It's ever changing... So it's great not to have to worry about being limited in our choices... We can all live without soda and cake for five days a week, so as Reinhard says, by eliminating those foods during the week we tackle 80% of the problem with zero percent of the "headache"....
So how was your first week? What are some of your personal goals?
Good luck!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

silverfish

Post by silverfish » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:15 pm

And speaking of headaches - cutting out the S foods during the week has cut back on a lot of my sugar-headaches :)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:05 pm

Hi LALA,

Welcome. Junk food is allowed. But if you only get 3 meals will you really want to blow them *all* on junk food? I hope not! And I think you'll find you don't want to. It's surprising what the spotlight of limited opportunity will do.

Reinhard