Filling up

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Samurai

Filling up

Post by Samurai » Mon May 02, 2005 10:06 pm

Its funny, you know... once you get used to eating smaller portions, how much faster those smaller portions fill you up.

I remember when I'd eat a Chili's peppercorn burger, full order of fries, a couple of glasses of iced tea for lunch, followed by a 20 oz. soda to help with the 'digestion' of this enormous meal.

Now, I take my lunch or eat at home. Lunch today, for example, consisted of a turkey on whole wheat sandwich, a piece of fruit and a very small handful of nuts, with a tall glass of sun tea to drink. And yes, it filled me up! And to think, I had to force myself to finish my orange. :wink:
One should not be envious of someone who has prospered by unjust deeds. Nor should he disdain someone who has fallen while adhering to the path of righteousness. - Imagawa Sadayo (1325-1420)

gratefuldeb67

Fill'er up please...

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon May 02, 2005 11:05 pm

You Rock Nathan Algren!!!
It is sooo great to feel satisfied without having to pig out eh!
Oooh! I want a hamburger and fries now... Yum
I ate so little today, just because I was very very busy at this new job at a health club...
I'm about to have some salmon sushi!
Hope there's stuff in the fridge to make some salad too..
I'm starving! LOL....

Hey, if you are the Samurai, then Reinhard must be the Shogun!
Sayonara Samurai Alan!
Peace,
8) Deb

Samurai

Re: Fill'er up please...

Post by Samurai » Tue May 03, 2005 1:37 am

gratefuldeb67 wrote: Hey, if you are the Samurai, then Reinhard must be the Shogun!
I like it, I like it!

"He is Shogun of the Noe Ess Clan, Warlord of Shovelglove, and Walker of the Banned Lands of Ur." - titulary introduction of His Royal Highness, Reinhard the Able, at the last Council of Waightloz.

Others in attendance included:

the Elven Queen of Vegan Wood;
the Dark Lord Atkins, King of Feast and Lord of the Carborcs;
Admiral Agatston, Master of the Fleet of the Seas of South Beach;
the Mad Sorcerers of the Forbidden Zone, Keepers of the Blocks of the New Tree Ents;
the Wicked Witch of Powterton, with magic spells and wild hair;
King Cordain of the Paleo People, tribesmen from the Shire of Neanderthin;
and the Wizard of Mercola, Waster of Farmlands and Destoyer of Grain-Crops.

The Council of Waightloz was held for the purpose of creating the Diet of Waightloz, a document that would ensure the health and well being of the citizens of Waightloz for centuries to come.

Unfortunately, none of the lords and ladies in attendance could find one point of agreement among them, and the Council of Waightloz fell into disarray, until one by one, the lords and ladies returned to the comfort of their own lands.
One should not be envious of someone who has prospered by unjust deeds. Nor should he disdain someone who has fallen while adhering to the path of righteousness. - Imagawa Sadayo (1325-1420)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed May 04, 2005 2:36 am

Did you come up with that off the cuff, Samurai? I'm impressed! (and honored). You have at least as good an ear as the author of the "Song of the Urban Ranger."

As for filling up, that's been my experience as well. I never found fruit particularly satisfying as a snack, back in my snacking days. But it packs quite a punch finishing off a meal. And yes, sometimes even, astonishingly, too much punch.

Samurai

Post by Samurai » Wed May 04, 2005 3:57 am

Thanks for the reply and compliment, Reinhard.

Yes, I took a few minutes to compose my fair tale after reading Deb's suggestion that you were Shogun. I went through the top diet guru's I could think of off the top of my head and listed them.

I was wondering if anyone got the New Tree Ents of the Forbidden Zone part, lol.

I had fun writing that, actually. :D