Go to sleep damnit!

An everyday system, TM, is a simple, commonsense solution to an everyday problem, grounded by a pun or metaphor. Propose/discuss new systems here.
Finnigan

Go to sleep damnit!

Post by Finnigan » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:41 pm

Well, it seems to me that I have to try and start a new habit/rule. I find I am staying up late and I think this creates more problems than just being tired during the day. For one thing, the later I stay up, the more likelyI am to grab a snack before I go to bed. not only does this break the No S rule, but it is supposed to be the WORST time to eat if you want to loose weight. I eat dinner very late as it is.

Today I found I was so tired I really REALLY needed a snack to wake myself up. Again, this is interfereing with my No S diet.

So, the bottom line is I need to make i a habit to stop staying up late and just go to bed.

*sigh* :?

Finnigan

Post by Finnigan » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:48 pm

I also just realised being tired is making me drag my feet when it comes to Shovelglove and Urban Rangering.

There just aren't enough hours in the day.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:30 pm

Good idea. Regular sleep is an even more basic structure than regular meals (and helps support it). 2 merciless little human alarm clocks keep me in line in this regard. :-)

Reinhard

roseha

Post by roseha » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:01 am

I just looked at Finnigan's post and thought "did I write this?" I have the same problem, especially now that I work till 10 and start unwinding at the PC when I get home. Need a solution - I set a clock radio alarm each day but tend to sleep through it - I don't work till 2 but it does kill the day in addition to the other problems!

Neptunus

Post by Neptunus » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:57 am

When my sleeping habits were at their best, I used to go to sleep at around 8 (sometimes a bit sooner), and I'd wake up at 3-4 in the morning. That gave me plenty of time before school to do stuff, like take a walk, have a nice shower, eat calmly, and read a whole bunch. I wish I'd have been shovelgloving then!

I never felt as good as then. I was getting plenty of sleep (8-9 hours!), and waking up long before anybody I knew. It was great! I've been trying to kick-start a similar habit recently. I woke up at 6:30 today, which is definitely a step in the right direction! :)
- Your friendly neighborhood vegan, proud shovelglover!

Finnigan

Post by Finnigan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:37 pm

I hate to say I have been SERIOUSLY been breaking this rule for about 2 weeks now. I bought Team Fortress 2 (Computer game) and have been having loads of fun, but going to bed late.

*sigh*

Neptunus

Post by Neptunus » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:53 pm

Is there nobody online before the crack of dawn? *grins*

Finnigan

Post by Finnigan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:44 pm

Is that a hint? :D

Neptunus

Post by Neptunus » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:51 am

Oh yes it is! :D

Playin' them vidya games in the mornin' is great fun! Plus, with scheduled stuff ahead (like work), it's easier not to play for too long, because you can't just say "Oh, I'll just sleep a little less tonight, for just one more match". That's very handy for people like me, who have tendencies to play a teeny bit more than they should (some times 'till four o'clock in the morning, when I was at my almost worst). :oops:

Finnigan

Post by Finnigan » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:55 pm

Oh I got the idea. I thought you were hinting you played TF2 as well.

Neptunus

Post by Neptunus » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:59 pm

*slaps own forehead*

I shouldn't be on forums in the mornings.
Some people drunk-post, I sleepy-head post.