Sumo Squats and Tick Tocks

Here you'll find a discussion thread for each of the canonical and major non-canonical shovelglove moves. If you have questions or comments about any of these moves, just update the existing discussion for it. If you have a new move, add a new discussion (preferably with the name of your new move in the title). Ideally there will be just one discussion thread per move that everyone adds to, but it's no tragedy if a little bit of redundancy creeps in.
MitchellKing

Sumo Squats and Tick Tocks

Post by MitchellKing » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:51 am

I have tried a couple of new moves:

1) Sumo Squats - Grabbing the handle of the Hammer to Stablize the Knee bends ( I have a bum knee ) it helps. I start and stop my set with these. It helps

2) Tick Tocks - Hold the hammer at one side and stretch and touch the knee with the opposite hand.

The Tick Tocks are good in the middle of the set.

Happy Shugging
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila. ...

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:44 pm

Nice!

First shovelglove stretch I've seen posted (the utter lack of which has made me vaguely uneasy for years, though I can't say I've noticed any ill effects).

Reinhard

MitchellKing

Tick Tocks

Post by MitchellKing » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:04 pm

Holding the Sledge makes more of this than normal stretching.... you can feel this in the obliques. Using them in the middle of the routine also gives your arms a few seconds to breathe. I never knew 10 pounds could feel so heavy! :D
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila. ...