Newbie doing ok

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Miss louann

Newbie doing ok

Post by Miss louann » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:03 pm

Hello. I started this program almost 2 weeks ago, and have stuck to it. I signed up for the daily check in, but realized for me that might not be the best. Let me explain. I am only about 10 lbs. overweight,but have a history of eating disorders. At 15, I was anorexic, At seventeen I was normal weight but always trying some sort of diet ( For a little while ) I have usually been afraid to eat normal, How fat would I get ? So, I went from dieting a little while, to small binges.I am 47 years old now. Slightly overweight. I have been on some special form of eating for YEARS.No fat,low carb,etc..etc...The last almost 2 weeks, I have been eating this NOSDIET way, and am beginning to feel free. I decided not to daily check in, because for me right now , that would seem like another diet, and that's what I need to be free of. Thank everyone for listening. Hope this makes sense. God's peace to all. Louann

Kevin

We're glad you are well

Post by Kevin » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:30 pm

We're glad you are well and hope to continue to be so.

Peace.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:05 pm

Welcome, Louann!

Yes, I agree that this is a very freeing program.

God bless! :D

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:48 pm

Hi Louanne,
Soulful Oneness and Joy to you!!!
Love,
8) Deb

Hope you are enjoying this so far! :D

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:26 am

Glad to hear it's going well, Louan. I think no-s should work great for someone who's had trouble swinging to both extremes. It gives a healthy minimum as well as a maximum.

Don't worry about aborting the daily check-in. It should be a help, not a stress. "Daily" is a bit of a misnomer for many of us there anyway -- I'm more like biweekly, unless there's "funny stuff" to report. But you're always welcome to just pop in here, in the main forum.

jaob

Post by jaob » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:23 pm

Louann, Welcome! I am a newbie too, and I can relate to your story. Although I wasn't truly anorexic during my teens I did some pretty stupid things (while I was all of 102 lbs.) And have been trying many WOE since then. At 44 yrs. I am still 20-30 lbs. overweight. I think this is the sanest WOE I have seen and bless Reinhart for giving us the info FREE!! Keep us posted! :lol: Jenny