Great Idea, Ten is good :)

(New!) Read (or post) about people who have stuck with No-S for 10 or more months, lost 10 or more pounds, or 10 or more percent for their starting weight. Periodic updates strongly encouraged -- you can think of it as "Yearly Check In."

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gratefuldeb67

Great Idea, Ten is good :)

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:05 pm

Hey if it was good enough for the Commandments then why not for other stuff! Hahah just kidding.
Reinhard I just wanted to say I think the 10 pound granularity (is that the right term?) is a good one for a realistic and yet still motivating goal to work towards. I myself feel, and think I'm not alone, that thinking of weight loss in terms of very large numbers, is totally daunting and depressing.
I did that yesterday and immediately started to feel that "psych out" vibe you get when you feel like something is doomed for failure. I mean I know I have to lose a *lot* more than ten pounds, but the way to get there is to stay positive, and by making ten a goal, I feel I can definitely feel it "within reach"..
Looking forward to posting my "first ten" here!
Peace and Love
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:38 pm

I was beginning to worry I'd scared people away with my "commandments." :-)

You know, though you've been up and down over the years, I think you're qualified to post here whenever you want (you're still down at least 10 pounds from when you started, right?) -- you don't have to have reached the promised land quite yet.

But if you want to use this forum as a motivational tool to hit the next increment, by all means, take your time.

Best,

Reinhard