Those 5 lbs...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Mary

Those 5 lbs...

Post by Mary » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:34 pm

Are gone! I've been trying to lost the 5 lbs. I gained freshman year since my sophomore year of college! (I'm 29 now.) For most of the last decade, trying to get rid of those 5 lbs. involved gaining another 10 or 15 on top of them, plus getting compulsive about food. About 7 months of 100% plain vanilla No S, and I'm at my college freshman weight for the first time in a decade. And, even more importantly, I think I've broken my binging habit (really just an unpleasant side-effect of the dieting habit) FOR GOOD.
I still screw up a fair amount...logging in 2-4 red days per month on average...but those screw-ups aren't binges.
Yay! Just wanted to add a testimonial that it's possible even to lose a small amount of "vanity weight" on No S, with some persistence.
And, more than that, I want to say how grateful I am that someone has invented a way (or rather, rediscovered and reemphasized, a way) of eating that just kills the binge/starve pattern that causes so many women in particular so much misery. Yay for structure and the traditional 3 meals a day!

la_loser

Wow!

Post by la_loser » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:58 pm

Awesome--that really gives us all hope! And how great that your habits are ingrained now so those 5 won't creep back on!

Atta'girl!
:lol:
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

mel1974c

Post by mel1974c » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:19 pm

Congrats Mary!! That is really great to hear!

Thanks for sharing,
melissa

gingercake

Re: Those 5 lbs...

Post by gingercake » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:43 am

Mary wrote:And, even more importantly, I think I've broken my binging habit (really just an unpleasant side-effect of the dieting habit) FOR GOOD.
I still screw up a fair amount...logging in 2-4 red days per month on average...but those screw-ups aren't binges.
Such a good point about how binge eating can be a side effect of a dieting habit. Way to go - thanks for posting this!

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:04 am

How exciting! I am just so happy for you. It gives me hope that through following the No S principles, I will eventually regain the size I was....my freshman year of college.

Thanks for sharing. Vanilla No S ROCKS!

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:00 am

Awsome! and vanity pounds nonetheless!, those are always soo hard to lose!.
Thank you for the update!.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:45 pm

Congratulations and thanks for the post!
Just wanted to add a testimonial that it's possible even to lose a small amount of "vanity weight" on No S
Good to hear. Something a lot of people wonder about!
About 7 months of 100% plain vanilla No S, and I'm at my college freshman weight for the first time in a decade
My favorite flavor :-) We spend so much time talking about "mods" and variants here that it's great to see another example of plain old vanilla doing the job.

Reinhard

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:32 pm

Mary,

I too feel freed from the millstone of Binging and her twin sister Dieting ... :D

Congratulations on your success!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:24 pm

Mary...Congratulations!!! What a delightful feeling to be free from the control of food....

Thanks for sharing....it gives me a lot of encouragement to hear of someone else's success!

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...