REMINDER: Weight loss may not be reflected on scale

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Mavilu

REMINDER: Weight loss may not be reflected on scale

Post by Mavilu » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:08 am

I love long skirts, I would live in nothing else but long skirts and my motivation is to be able to fit on my 20+ long skirts that no longer fit.
The biggest one of them all, a rigid poplin one, made me look like an overstuffed sausage a few months ago, you know: it buttons up but, do not sit down wearing it, actually, nevermind: you cannot move enough to do something like sit down wearing it; the seat is so tight that it stretches in horizontal lines across your derriere.
Well, I tried it on today, the seat is much looser, I can actually move my hips in it, the waist is still tight but there's almost no muffin top; I could wear it decently with a loose shirt on top if I would want to and I can sit perfectly fine without the circulation to my lower half being cut off!.

But, when I went to the scale to see all that glory reflected in numbers?, it says that I gained FOUR pounds since last month.
FOUR!
So there; I would love to believe the scale's : "you've gotten bigger, neener-neener-neener!", but how could I have gotten bigger if my clothes are getting looser and looser as the year proggresses, silly scale?.

So, REMINDER: Weight loss might not be reflected on scale

Thank you and good night!.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:28 am

That is awesome Mavilu! Are you exercising? I am like a one note song with this, but if you are doing muscle building exercise that will really affect the numbers.. Muscle weighs three times as much as fat.
Congrats on your skirt and "no muffin top" whatever that may mean! LOL???
Great feeling!!
Peace and Love
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:37 pm

gratefuldeb67 wrote:"no muffin top" whatever that may mean! LOL???

8) Debs
"Muffin Top" is the term used for the fat at the stomach/waist
that pooches out above tight pants or a tight skirt.

My comment...an Extremely unbecoming look,
too frequently seen on young girls/women wearing tight jeans with short tops.

The simple and immediate solution to that problem
is to wear a larger size bottoms,
and even perhaps a longer top.

It amazes me that so many small or normal weight young females
want to wear a size 0 to 8 jeans so much
that they will accept the very unflattering "muffin top" look.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:04 pm

So, REMINDER: Weight loss might not be reflected on scale
this is ABSOLUTEL true! and for those of us coming from "diet mentality" and using scale numbers alone as measure of our health and/or success, a powerful lesson to learn!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:49 pm

Deb, I have increased the weight of my dumbells a bit, but, whatever improvement I've got it wouldn't be four pounds of extra muscle mass, not in a month, at least.
I have no idea why the weight gain, but... meh, who cares! :P

Bright Angel, yeah, that's what I'm refering to, extremely unflattering, my particular problem is that I gain weight on my waist first and foremost and so, things that are lose on my waist are very lose on my hips; a pain, that is only remedied by not being overweight.
And yes, kids now a days get that muffin top look and don't mind it; I realize that low cut jeans are harder to pull off than normal or high waist jeans in that respect, but, sheesh!, my mom wouldn't have let me leave the house dressed the way young girls dress today.

Blueskighs, exactly!, that's why I wanted to include it on the title of the thread, so it is an easy reminder for everyone, me included.