Holiday Season is Coming.....

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Nichole

Holiday Season is Coming.....

Post by Nichole » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:07 pm

Anyone else bracing themselves for the holiday season? To me, it officially starts with Halloween, the gorge yourself on candy and pumpkin bread and pumpkin pie holiday (also, my favorite holiday)! I need to try to pick and chose where I indulge so things don't get carried away. And THIS is where No-S is going to truly come in handy. I have to really try to maintain my weight so I fit into my wedding gown on Dec. 6, which is a week after Thanksgiving, that other gorge yourself holiday!
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:01 am

On the contrary: this might be the first season in about five years that I'll approach while calm and confident and without an ounce of guilt!.
I have my rules and I know what to do now and even if I gain some weight on december (that month is my bane!), now I know that after that, I'll return to my regular eating schedule and eventually, what I gained, I'll lose.
Both my birthday and my husband's are in this season, as well; it will be nice not worrying on those two days about eating something that we shouldn't and what not, this year, we'll celebrate as we are supposed to.

Betty

Post by Betty » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:21 am

I totally second what Mavilu says; I think even in "traditional" cultures of eating people must gain weight during holidays and then lose it again when returning to normal patterns of eating.

But, since you have the wedding dress issue (congrats!!!) I would just make a plan to be extra strict during the holidays. Decide in advance what days will be NWS days and how much you're willing to endulge (for me it might be: Halloween: two halloween treats and a slice of pie. Thanksgiving: Whatever I wanted during the meal itself. ), then draw the line in the sand and stay on your side.

You'll be fine!

Betty
Be your own best friend and advocate. Be gentle and kind to yourself. Your weight is not the problem.

Before: 140
During: 140 (again!)

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:51 am

I'm not worried about it at all. Last year I found it to be a breeze, and I'm assuming it will be the same this year.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:24 pm

Since I've only been doing No-S since April 2008, this will be my first holiday season doing it. I think it will help when people start putting out tons of sweets out on the buffet at work.

Also, last year I wasn't exercising b/c at the time, my exercise bike had broken, so I mustn't forget about that difference.

I fit perfectly into my wedding dress right now:

and I have actually lost a couple inches since then. I'm sure I'll be fine... I just don't want to be uncomfortable on my wedding day.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:39 pm

On the contrary: this might be the first season in about five years that I'll approach while calm and confident and without an ounce of guilt!
Mavilu,

this is kind of where I am at too! kind of nice, huh?

Nichole,
can't see your pic for some reason, anyway, how exciting for your upcoming wedding! If you stay on NO S you should be fine AND really be able to ENJOY and be present for the entire experience, I think that would be something to be excited about!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey