An S Columbus Day

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

CarrieAnn

An S Columbus Day

Post by CarrieAnn » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:50 pm

Hi,
Just curious and wondering if anybody is using today as an S day?

CarrieAnn :D

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:06 pm

I'm not Carrieann.. LOL..
But Halloween is coming up and Richard is already excited!!!

I guess if you somehow were related to good old Cristobal, it might be something to consider, but I think we should really keep the S days more minimal...
Some biggies coming up soon, but face it.. If we turn every holiday into an S day, we just won't lose much weight...
It's your choice.
More importantly,,
How are your N days going?
Learning anything new?
Peace and Love,
And the
Nina, the Pinta and the Santa Maria!

ps... Weird side note here...
Some lady in front of me yesterday at the supermarket was buying 5 quarts of coffee flavored ice cream, which was on sale for Columbus Day weekend.. So then the cashier told her the total...
It was exactly
$14.92
Pretty cool huh??? LOL..
8) Deb

CarrieAnn

Post by CarrieAnn » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:50 pm

Hi Deb, good to hear from you! I'm not taking this as an S day either. My N days are going so so. For three weeks now I have totally cut out evening desserts on N days, which is a huge step in the right direction for me. Seconds really is no problem for me. I do still have a bit of a problem picking at food when I'm cooking or cleaning up after a meal. The snack thing isn't too bad. I do have a long haul between lunch and dinner, and the times are non-negotiable. So once in a while I do reach for a snack on N days. At least now though, when I do have a snack it is a pieice of fruit, or vegetable or some whole wheat crackers, stuff like that. Before doing this No S my snacks were usually left over dessert from the night before or something loaded with sugar.

Now for the next 3 weeks, I am going to work on no snacks and picking at food. I know that my body can go without food for 6 hrs. (time between lunch and dinner) I just need to let my mind know that. So anyway that is my goal for the next 3 weeks. Hope things are going good for you, girlfriend!
Talk to ya later

Love & Hugs :D
CarrieAnn

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:44 am

I would have taken it (I get the day off and it's a legitimate national holiday), but I've had a lot of "special" S days recently and so I didn't (log entry pending). No guilt to those who did -- hope you enjoyed it.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:58 am

I absolutely get to take an S-Day today, because Columbus Day is also my birthday! :D 54 years young today, and plan to have a swingin' day...swingin' my sledghammer around, that is!

When I got up this morning, I saw a big sign standing up on the dining room table that said, "Happy Birthday: Happy Birthday from us to you, and a little piece of cake, too." So...it's just gotta be an S-Day!

Azathoth

Post by Azathoth » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:09 pm

Jan: Happy Birthday!

I did not take Columbus Day as an S-Day although actually I was planning on it. I get all such banking holidays off work as I am technically in the "banking industry", and was planning to enjoy myself but found that I only really ate 2 meals that day! I didn't shovelglove, however, for the same reason I didn't eat very much: Sunday following the Bears game a bunch of friends and I played a fairly rough and competetive game of football resulting in varying degrees of injuries all around. These games always end ugly for a good number of us as we are in varying degrees of fitness, and the result for me was being almost too sore to move much of my body the following morning. I took some hits (not nearly as many as I dished out, of course) and the effect was apparent. I took Reinhard's general SG advice and did not attempt to kill myself SG'ing and just laid on the couch all day (can't really complain too much about that, beats the hell out of being at work).

CarrieAnn

Post by CarrieAnn » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:17 pm

Hope you had a Happy, Happy Birthday, Jan! :D Yes, that would be an S day for you. How fun to wake up to a Happy Birthday sign and a piece of cake.

Hugs & Love,
CarrieAnn