new to sg

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
SurfingBuddha

new to sg

Post by SurfingBuddha » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:46 am

hello everyone. I stumbled on this site about a month ago and have been 'gloving for two weeks. I feel great. My only problem has been with a warm up. I tried the 5 tibetian rites but that didn't do it for me. A friend sent me this link:

http://pt-connections.com/topfit/publis ... ises.shtml

the functional exercises have been my warm up for about four days now and I think I'll stick with them, they seem to hit all the muscle I use when 'gloving. :mrgreen:
Build a man a fire, he stays warm for a night.
Set a man on fire and he stays warm for the rest of his life.

JWL

Post by JWL » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:08 am

Good for you, SurfingBuddha, for finding something that works for you. That's the key. I do a set of 6 core exercises, hindu squats, a bit of yoga, and shovelglove.
JWL[.|@]Freakwitch[.]net

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:27 pm

Welcome, SurfingBuddha.

I'm not sure why I've never personally felt the need for a warmup, but these look good. My one tiny nit: they should give the movements better names to describe the function they're exercising.

Looking forward to hearing more from you,

Reinhard