Getting real

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mondurvic

Getting real

Post by mondurvic » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:37 pm

Some of the smaller frozen pizzas, like Amy's or Dr. Oetker, fit in their entirety on a plate. We're looking at 850 calories here, for one meal. I could easily put the whole thing away without blinking an eye (and more, too), but is this acceptable?

Reminds me of the time I went to a buffet which was all-you-could-eat, but you were only allowed to fill your plate once. I filled mine so high that as I was walking back to my table, some guy called out, "You could ski down that thing".

Judith

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:44 pm

Add a small salad to that and a fruit and you've got a very healthy meal!
Love,
8) Deb
plus have some water...
ps...the general consensus, re: Pizza, is that two slices constitute a NoS meal...

pps... Eat slowly!!!! Chew each bite a lot and enjoy the tastes!...that helps and you should consciously try to just savor the experience, not "suck it down!" LOL...

mondurvic

General concensus on pizza

Post by mondurvic » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:48 pm

I didn't get to vote yet!

Are you saying that even though the whole thing (bear in mind, it's a SMALL pizza) fits on the plate, I can't have it?

Judith

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:50 pm

No, of course you can.. Re read my post... slowly..... LOL.

Azathoth

Post by Azathoth » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:57 pm

As quoted at nosdiet.com:
As I mentioned in a post to the No S diet group, by "no seconds," I officially mean one physical plate, and I think for beginners especially it's good to stick with this, even if it means a fairly overloaded plate. If the amount of food on your one plate is a little bestial and disgusting, that's part of the educational process.
In other words, putting a whole pizza on your plate and picking that for your meal is allowed. It may not be the best decision you ever make (or the worst), but that's really up to you. Cutting out sweets and cutting out snacking between meals is going to have an effect, no matter how much you pile on your plate during your meals... but you'll find that making sensible decisions will come easier as time goes on, and you'll also find that when you do make these sensible decisions you'll be happier and healthier for doing so.