Rock and a hard place/Devil and the deep blue sea

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mondurvic

Rock and a hard place/Devil and the deep blue sea

Post by mondurvic » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:16 pm

(Options in the title are there to accommodate the various age groups.)

The problem: IF I fill my plate, I'll eat all of it, even if I realize part-way through that I've had enough. On the other hand, IF I don't fill my plate, I may feel that I haven't had enough and risk being hungry soon after, well before my next meal.

Can I put the total amount on a plate, then serve myself FROM that plate, but eating on a different plate? Maybe keep the original plate in the kitchen, so I'll have to get up if I want to eat all it contains. That "feels" like going for seconds, though.

Sorry Reinhard, but no system is so simple that I can't manage to complicate it. I DO want this to work, though, and am very willing to listen and learn.

Judith

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:23 pm

I think that as long as you follow the one plate rule, you will be okay.

Inge

Post by Inge » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:36 pm

As a new NOS'er, I ran into this problem immediately; it helped to read the "what do you mean by seconds?" section on the website. After constructing a lunch plate that really could be described as bestial, I was full halfway through it. Of course, I continued to eat till it was gone. At some point, maybe even today, I know I won't need to pile it on so much. After all, dinner is only an afternoon away!

Good luck,
Inge