Starbucks!!!!

Talk about anything. Just keep it civil.
Paul

Starbucks!!!!

Post by Paul » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:41 pm

Hi

I just started the book and I am only on day 3.

However, I never realized how much I snack. I am a Starbucks coffee lover. Although I get black coffee (no sugar, no cream), I always bought the cakes or scones (500 calories min.)

I recon that if I sat down and figures how much I eat in snacks, it would average 1,000 calories a day. The starbucks cakes, at 3:00 some sort of snack another 300 calories then late a night before bedtime another 300 to 500 calories. Ouch.

I also remember as a youngling, my mother always told me "NOT to snack" as it would ruin my appetite. I guess mother knows best after all.

Paul
pauls1mm@aol.com

la_loser

Welcome to No S!

Post by la_loser » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:48 pm

Welcome!

You are so right--all that stuff we've stuffed in our mouths without even thinking about really does add up. As you get further in the book and get a chance to browse these boards, you'll find a number of references to the idea that "Mother did know best."

There are some significant stats somewhere about the fact that 20 or 30 years ago, "snacks" did not make up a whole industry or section of the grocery store.

Although this plan is intentionally a slow loss plan, you may be amazed at how just kicking the snack habit may help you drop off pounds rather quickly. It does work like that for some people.

Don't be a stranger and hang in there!
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

caroleann

Post by caroleann » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:18 pm

I was a sucker for Beaners Mocha, Mocha Latte (grande of course :wink: ). I wonder how many calories were in that baby? Good luck! I'm on day 27 and feeling great :lol: caroleann
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!!!

The only way to achieve something important that has been out of your reach is to become more assertive. It'll take stong motivation on your part to bodly go where you need to go

VintageGeek

Post by VintageGeek » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:38 pm

Starbucks is teh evil. :evil: Why? Because in the fall they have pumpkin cheesecake danish.

Oh, and they also sell one of the most addictive substances known to mankind at prices usually associated with highway robbery.

Of course, you should totally be able to enjoy a Starbucks cake every once in a while (and enjoy it you almost certainly will, once it becomes a non-daily thing). Being aware of what, exactly, is going into your body while you're eating it is always the best way to go. But don't be so aware that it ruins the experience. Ha, it's a delicate balance I guess.
8-bit is still awesome.

gratefuldeb67

Re: Starbucks!!!!

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:18 pm

Paul wrote:Hi

I always bought the cakes or scones
I worked at Starbucks for a few months when I was in school full time.
Within three weeks of eating a dessert type thing every day, like a scone or muffin, cake whatever, I gained about 10 lbs from that alone.

Enjoy that on S days and you will be fine :)
Good luck!
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

joybelle

Never realized how much I snacked!!!

Post by joybelle » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:48 pm

I think I have time for a second job since I quit snacking. I know I am new to No S...only 3 weeks. But I have followed the rules and feel wonderful. I also realize what a large amount of food is on one plate. Keep your fingers crossed for me...I have been on every diet known to man kind..LOL and haven't made it 3 weeks. I think I can do this. :lol: [/b]

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:47 pm

Hi Joybelle! Would you like to join the discussion in the general forum under No-S? It gets more traffic, so others might see your post more. :)

(And welcome!)