hello

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

cvmom

hello

Post by cvmom » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:37 am

Hi All.

Just got back from a 3 day cruise. (Don't ask, I don't know how I ended up on a cruise...quite the interesting experience).

But, I wanted to let everyone know that the No S rules worked fine. When we dined on Friday evening I had herbal tea for dessert. People looked at me like I was on something! But, Sat and Sun I had dessert. It was okay. Also, the ship had a fitness center so I got to work out a little.

I have not even felt tempted to nab the boy's Halloween candy! I look at it and think, "Well, if there's any left on Saturday I'll have some".

Alright...got to run and get these kids to bed. I need to sit down and plan my Christmas shopping!!!

Love you guys, and miss you guys too. Dru

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:50 am

I was wondering where you wuz!!!
Wow.. No overeating on a cruise!
I hear they base everything around when the buffet opens and closes!
Hope it was fun, and you didn't get seasick or anything! LOL...

Have a fun time with your Holiday shopping!
Love you too Dru!
8) Deb

CarrieAnn

Post by CarrieAnn » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:00 pm

Hi Dru!
Good to hear from you, I was wondering too where you were. I figured you were just busy still setting up house, I know that takes awhile. My sister and her husband along with some friends are leaving on a cruise Mon. She is really looking forward to it. Gives her a break from work and her two boys. Her boys are 9 & 14 yrs. old. She stays very busy! We live about 4 hrs apart. I would have to say aside from my husband, who is my very best friend, my little sis is also the best friend I could ever have. Sounds like you are doing great, keep it up!

Hugs & Love!
CarrieAnn :D