Shovelglove workshop

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
JWL

Shovelglove workshop

Post by JWL » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:19 pm

I gave a shovelglove workshop last weekend. Don't get too excited, it was basically me demonstrating shovelglove for less than half-dozen people. But it was fun, they got to try it, at a variety of weights (I had my 4lb, 8lb, 10lb, and 16lb sledgehammers), to see what it was like. Everyone present was a friend who has been listening to me babble endlessly about shovelglove for months now.

It went pretty well, some of them are thinking about getting a sledgehammer now. We didn't really get past the "try the moves out" stage; I think if I (or anyone else) does one of these again, you may want to consider trying to do sustained exercise for 14 minutes. It's not like the moves are terribly difficult; if people see an experienced shugger doing the moves, it will be reasonably easy to emulate.

People were most interested, I think, because they new that shugging (and No-S) is largely responsible for the obvious physical changes in me over the past several months.

I just wanted to document this, after some gentle prodding by Reinhard... heh heh heh.
JWL[.|@]Freakwitch[.]net

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:27 am

Cool, Freak!

Perhaps Reinhard should start a Certification program, so that you can become a CSI, Certified Shovelglove Instructor.
--

Starting Weight: 275
Current: 269
Goal: 190

"I shovel well, I shovel very very well."

Prodigalsun

JWL

Post by JWL » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:47 am

That's funny (certified SG instructor) because it just utterly violates everything that SG is all about....

I can see it now, "Lesson one, class, go read www.shovelglove.com and do what it says."

The next week: "Lesson two, class, go read www.shovelglove.com and do what it says."

Etc etc etc

:D
JWL[.|@]Freakwitch[.]net

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:36 am

This is really a funny idea, that of CSI. :lol:

I suppose, too, one could become a CNSC (Certified No-S Counsellor) for the diet end.

How institutional, makes me shudder.

I'm glad you were able to share SG with your friends, Freakwitch. That sound like it was so much fun!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:56 am

I prefer Shovelgloveangelist!

Rev. Freakwitch presiding...

LOL..

Love,
8) Deb

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:30 pm

Thank you freakwitch. This is an awesome milestone in the history of shovelglove. I wish I could have seen it.

Yeah, I may wait a bit on the certification program (until a suitable joke stand-in occurs to me).

Reinhard

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:06 pm

Behold, the church of the mighty and holy shovelglove!

"Master, how many times must I perform the butter churn? 7 times?

"Nay, 70 times 7...or for 14 minutes, whichever comes first."

"Yay, though I urban ranger through the valley of death Thou art my Sledge and my Shovel. Surely small portions and good health shall follow me all the days of my life."

"Give us this day, our daily bread (provided it fits on a sensible plate)"

We could re-write the bible around the Every Day Systems, and create a religion!
--

Starting Weight: 275
Current: 269
Goal: 190

"I shovel well, I shovel very very well."

Prodigalsun

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:22 pm

Prodigal!
Thou art funny!!! :lol:

Love,
8) Deb

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:56 pm

Very funny...but keep it up and I'm going to need a system for dealing with hubris and blasphemy. I don't want my brand new webserver to get hit by a divine power surge!

:twisted:

Reinhard

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:02 pm

Hey, we've got ourselves some nuns now, so I think we should be safe.....

*grin*
C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:56 am

LOL!!!!

Yeah, and when they are Urban Rangering, Sister's Vicky and Michelle are "Nuns on the run!"

Love,
8) Deb