Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seeking sweater-wrapping instructions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Shovelglove General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elsidar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Seeking sweater-wrapping instructions Reply with quote

I stumbled across ShovelGlove through Wikipedia last week (learning the etymology of "dumbbell"), and I've had a blast so far exercising with my new hammer.

However, the sweater I have wrapped around the head looks like an ugly mess. I've seen some great examples of sweater/towel/padding wraps on the boards, but going from this:

to this:

has left me with an amorphous, shifting sweater-blob that doesn't always pad the whole hammer.

Does anybody have some examples or instructions on how to make a more secure wrap? With hardwood floors, leaving the head bare isn't quite an option.

Thanks!
~Elsidar
Cayenne

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please consider wrapping it any way that gets the job done, i.e. covering the "business end" of the hammer to prevent/reduce severity of potential injury/property damage. (Shugging done correctly is totally safe to inanimate objects and all living creatures Very Happy ) Be creative. Make it your own.

"This is my Shovelglove. There are many like it, but this one is mine. etc" (With greatest respect & gratitude to the USMC.)

I use a basic "X" folding pattern and it somehow reminds me of putting a diaper on a baby. Shocked

Live the Shug ! Cool
reinhard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trial and error? Smile

I'm not especially adept at this kind of thing, and I don't usually get it right the first time. But there aren't that many first times, because when I do eventually get it (usually after two or three attempts), it's months (possibly even years) before I have to redo it.

I'd say just keep trying and don't worry too much about the aesthetics. As long as the arms aren't flapping around, I'd say it's good enough. An "amorphous blob" is fine as long as it's a stable amorphous blob.

Maybe I'll ask my brother to film a sledgehammer wrapping for our upcoming shovelglove dvd...

Reinhard
Djemps

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the handyman's secret weapon: Duct Tape
chiangmaiboss

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found good solution to this problem but not easy for everyone. My wife made crochet wrap for hammer. Entire homer wrapped in yarn so not only does it protect floor but is good for gripping, absorbs sweat and hammer is very attractive and is like an ornament. I have photos of this on forum under Greetings from Chiang Mai posting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Shovelglove General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: