Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One month in and tired muscles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Shovelglove General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cornucopian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: One month in and tired muscles Reply with quote

I've been Shugging for one month so far. I haven't lifted weights in many, many years. I can feel my muscles responding. During the past month, I've noticed the sledgehammer getting lighter and I've noticed I have better control.

But during the day, (even S days) my muscles feel fatigued and seem to tire very quickly. More strength but less endurance. Anyone else experience this?
derekes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: give it time Reply with quote

I started with a 10 pound hammer about 3 months ago. I remember this feeling the first 4-6 weeks the day after. Tuesday night was the worst.

Now I don't feel much of any soreness/fatigue the next day. I'm eyeing a 16 pounder at the local hardware store and it may be time to move up. I expect I'll feel the same when I move up in weight again.
reinhard
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been times (particularly at the end of the week) where I feel beat, but I don't think quite what you describe. In general I feel like I have both much more strength and more endurance since I started practicing shovelglove.

Maybe you're overworking yourself? Try easing up a bit, particularly as the week goes on. I do my heavy routines (up to 42 reps of certain movements) Monday and Tuesday, go lighter on Wednesday and Thursday ("routine of sevens"), and freestyle (usually not too killer) on Friday.

Best of luck figuring this out and getting past it,

Reinhard
ZTor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you getting enough protein in your diet?
I started drinking whey shakes right after workout, and muscle pain and fatigue went away.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Shovelglove General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: