Stirring the Cauldron

Here you'll find a discussion thread for each of the canonical and major non-canonical shovelglove moves. If you have questions or comments about any of these moves, just update the existing discussion for it. If you have a new move, add a new discussion (preferably with the name of your new move in the title). Ideally there will be just one discussion thread per move that everyone adds to, but it's no tragedy if a little bit of redundancy creeps in.
slider

Stirring the Cauldron

Post by slider » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:44 pm

Hi All, I came across this site a week or two ago, and have had a few shovelglove sessions. Mine are basically the same each time. A move I have not seen discussed here that really burns my shoulders I call Stirring the Cauldron. Imagine you have a huge pot in front of you, and the shovelglove is your stirring implement. Go clockwise in a circle, at 6 o'clock your hands are at your chest, and at twelve your hands/arms are fully extended in front of you. I do 10 reps clockwise, 10 counter clockwise, taking my hands around the outside of the cauldron, nice and slow.

Let me know what you think! :)

PS, my shovelglove is a 10# plate at the end of an aluminum pole. cost me next to nothing, and gets the job done nicely.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:41 pm

Thanks for posting this slider.

Great move -- and great name.

I've tried something similar on occasion on my "freestyle fridays," so I can vouch personally for the efficacy of the move.

Reinhard