Islandartist The Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

islandartist

Islandartist The Check In

Post by islandartist » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:00 am

:shock: OK 3 days into this with a "S" weekend right at the beginning. I sure hope this works because I'm truly 100 and 50% fed up to the teeth with dieting. You bust your chops and starve and eat " :cry: " and it all just comes on back.
*sigh*
I reserve my excitement because of too many promises to myself.
This is desperation folks!
Be back in a week.
Adventure isn't hanging on a rope off the side of a mountain. Adventure is an attitude that we must apply to the day to day obstacles of life

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:51 am

I reserve my excitement because of too many promises to myself.
This is desperation folks!
Hi there Island Artist...
I was pretty desperate by the time I found NOS...
I'm certain that God heard me in my desperate "hour"...
I like your quote by the way!

You will love NOS..
Give it a good effort and you will see you get results and feel very good about being the one who now has control over your weight and eating!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb