Hello from Annette

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

annette

Hello from Annette

Post by annette » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:16 am

Hi All. I am so sick of dieting. I was surfing the web looking for a nondiet and came across this forum. I am intrigued. I have been in OA forever and have tried almost everything. I am 55 years old and have been carrying on with this nonsense for about 50 years. I am about 20 pounds overweight but it is the obsession with body, weight, food, etc. that drives me nuts. I used to have 3 meals a day, weighed and measured with nothing in between, no exception, ever. Also, the types of foods were very specific and I was very unhappy dragging scales around to weddings, vacations, etc.

Now I am really confused because, as I read here, snacks plus meals equals eating all day. That's what I have been doing. I know that I feel the happiest when I eat 3 times a day, period. However, I am no longer in that 12 step, very rigid group so I haven't been able to do it again. I am still in OA but have been unable to formulate and stick to a food plan. I really liked the description of all the "scientifically" based, totally conflicting diets out there. Talk about confusion and chaos.....

So, here I am. Ready to try this. Just wanted to say hello.

Annette from NJ, now in Guatemala.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:41 am

Annette Welcome!

This is the least chaotic and convoluted plan you are likely to ever find...
Not only that, it's fun...
Good luck!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

ps.. Good luck with the adoption process!

Kevin

Try it... you'll like it

Post by Kevin » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:39 am

Welcome. Give it a try. I started in May and have lost about 25 pounds - but that's deceptive because I've put on about 5 pounds in muscle. One good habit encourages another: I exercise fairly vigorously now, too.

Stick around and let us know how it goes.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

Sandy

Post by Sandy » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:24 pm

Hello and welcome. My experience has been nothing but positive with NOS. I am 49 and was 20 lbs overweight, thinking about food constantly. Eating too much or not eating enough. This plan has freed me considerably. I lost 4 lbs the first month and 3.5 the second. I only weigh myself on the 1st of each month. Thanksgiving I OD’d on cookies and pecan pie and still lost because I was right back on the plan. I exercise every day of the week because I need to do that to feel good and have done that for 20 years. I don’t care if I lose 1 lbs a month – because I’m happy.