Egad!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

storm fox

Egad!

Post by storm fox » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:12 pm

I've gotten too fat. I don't have a full-on pot belly, but I do have an ever-thickening pad of fat that has begun to stick out and makes me very self-conscious. So, instead of blaming outside factors, I have decided to take control of myself again. The NosDiet seems the sanest and most achievable thing going, so I'm starting my first N day tomorrow. For exercise, I have been doing big exercises with kettlebells but not frequently enough to balance my crappy diet. I want to keep the muscle I've got, because I like it, but the fat has got to go. I weighed in at 198 after far too large of a breakfast and knew that something had to be done.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:03 am

Good to see you in the forums again, Storm. Enter any more strongman competitions recently?

A good thing about no-s is that you can scale up if you need to without things getting out of control.

storm fox

Strongman

Post by storm fox » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:59 am

Good to hear from you, Reinhard! I won't be competing until at least next spring, and perhaps it will be pushed back to summer or fall. I have taken to just basically doing what I enjoy, which is kettlebells, lately. I realized my diet was in bad shape when I looked at the timing of my meals. Sometimes I wouldn't eat until 9PM, and I felt so horrible I rarely wanted to lift or walk. Or, I would attempt to compensate that by eating like wildfire for a few days, getting bad indigestion, and surprise(!) feeling like crap some more. These patterns just sort of snuck up on me over time. This lack of control over something as basic as eating finally manifested itself as fat, and here I am.