Storm's Daily Check-in, Start 12-4-05

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

storm fox

Storm's Daily Check-in, Start 12-4-05

Post by storm fox » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:50 pm

I began on an S-Day. So what?

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:56 am

LOL!
Good plan for success!

Love,
8) Deb

Lane

Post by Lane » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:18 am

I did too. The first weekend I went ahead and ate NoS just because I had eaten a bunch of sweets the week before and I didn't really want them. I've just finished my 3 week and I'm taking my S days now and loving every minute.

Welcome!

Lane

storm fox

Day 2...

Post by storm fox » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:06 am

Success, at least I'm pretty sure it was a success. I think I need more balance in my meals, though. Breakfast was five eggs, cheese, collard greens, and an orange; lunch was a can of salmon in tomato sauce, with some yogurt; and dinner was italian sausage on wheat toast with saurkraut and cheese, with some frozen berries glazed in grapejuice.

storm fox

catching up...

Post by storm fox » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:17 pm

Tuesday, 12-6-05
Surprise S-day, it turned out to be a favorite professor's birthday, so a bunch of us took him to dinner. There were chocolate covered cherries and cake and wings and beer...I was half-behaved.

Wednesday, 12-7-05
Four meals, one of them very late. This was iffy.

Thursday, 12-8-05
Well behaved!

Friday, 12-9-05
Another day of good behavior!

Saturday, 12-10-05
Even for an S-Day, this was insanity. I had too small of a breakfast, and that was a huge mistake! The craziest part of this is that I used to eat like this ALL THE TIME! This realization alone was motivation to do better for myself.

I'm proud of myself, because this week I kettlebelled five times, remembered to eat breakfast, although Friday's was very late, and my portions have been steadily becoming reasonable!

storm fox

continued...

Post by storm fox » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:12 am

Saturday and Sunday were both S days, so, hey, I succeeded.

Monday, 12/12/05-Success!

Tuesday, 12/13/05- Success!

Wednesday, 12/14/05- Success!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:51 pm

Good job Storm!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb