Spear the Fish - With Video

Here you'll find a discussion thread for each of the canonical and major non-canonical shovelglove moves. If you have questions or comments about any of these moves, just update the existing discussion for it. If you have a new move, add a new discussion (preferably with the name of your new move in the title). Ideally there will be just one discussion thread per move that everyone adds to, but it's no tragedy if a little bit of redundancy creeps in.
phayze

Spear the Fish - With Video

Post by phayze » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:31 am

Inspired by this thread, I've come up with a little something special to share.

I think this move is pretty simple and it's got a little bit of everything: upper-body, lower-body, balance, coordination, explosiveness , cardio - it's a one-stop-shop!

The production was a but rushed on this one, so let me know if you think it needs some polish - I'm tempted to do it over again, but I've been really wanting to share this move with the class so I couldn't wait for perfection. Does it need more explanation? Be honest, I'm very receptive of constructive criticism.
1 Picture = 1,000 words
0:01s Video = 30 pictures
therefore, 0:01s Video = 30,000 words

Kevin

Re: Spear the Fish - With Video

Post by Kevin » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:38 pm

Gonna have to try this...

You've developed quite a group of alternative moves. Nice work!
phayze wrote:Inspired by this thread, I've come up with a little something special to share.

I think this move is pretty simple and it's got a little bit of everything: upper-body, lower-body, balance, coordination, explosiveness , cardio - it's a one-stop-shop!

The production was a but rushed on this one, so let me know if you think it needs some polish - I'm tempted to do it over again, but I've been really wanting to share this move with the class so I couldn't wait for perfection. Does it need more explanation? Be honest, I'm very receptive of constructive criticism.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:16 am

Phayze,

You've set a high bar with your previous videos, but I think this one is definitely up to that standard! Very clear, and way better than any version of the move I've tried myself. It's a very natural, uncontrived way of getting both some coordination and the legs into the picture in a big way. And the way you do it, at least, it's not at all doofy looking. It's almost elegant -- if one can use such a word to describe jumping around with a sledgehammer.

Thank you!

Reinhard

Jishin

Post by Jishin » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:24 pm

This was an *awesome* workout. I tried it out this morning and it really does everything -- strength, balance, and cardio. Nice! I'll be using this one long-term for sure. :D

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:05 pm

Only you could get away with that term, Reinhard.
reinhard wrote:Phayze,

. And the way you do it, at least, it's not at all doofy looking. It's almost elegant -- if one can use such a word to describe jumping around with a sledgehammer.

Thank you!

Reinhard
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."