Day 9 & 10

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Julie

Day 9 & 10

Post by Julie » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:36 pm

Day 9 SUCCESS

Day 10 SUCCESS

I am calling both days a success even though I ate little more at dinner than maybe I should have. I didn't want to eat too little and then be hungry for the rest of the night, which would make me want to snack. I am getting less hungry between meals so I think that eating less each meal will happen with time.

Today is Day 11 so I am more than half way through the 21 days. Tomorrow and Sunday are S days so if I can just stick with it today I will be on Day 14 on Monday with only a week to go.

Things will be harder for me when I head home for the holidays on Friday. I always seem to overeat, especially childhood favorites that my Mom makes for me when I go back to visit. My 21 days ends on the day after Christmas so I hope the habit has taken hold be then so that I can be stronger for the week after Christmas until I come back.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:11 pm

Hi Julie :)
You sound like you are rocking!!!!
Go girl, go!

ps... If you don't mind the suggestion, you might want to rename this thread as "Julies Check in" instead of "Day 9 and 10.." LOL...
Presumably you will be here for a while and you can just keep revisiting your own thread and updating us as you go... :)
Keep up the good work!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb