about you

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

rick111

about you

Post by rick111 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:38 pm

I did a forum search and couldn't find a introduction thread.

I've noticed a few posts amongst different forums and it appears we all share a similar mentality?

Just interested in finding out a bit more about people, how you found the site, where you're based, age, sex etc... anything really!

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:25 pm

Me. Carole. British girl, but live in Amsterdam since October. nearly 30. Found NoS cos I was lamenting the fact that I needed to do something about my weight but didn't know what and so a friend posted a link to NoS on my other blog http://www.livejournal.com/users/carolejo

Nice to meet you, Ryan.

C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:56 pm

Hi Ryan,
I had lost a lot of weight in three previous, quick fix methods, which didn't stick... Unfortunately I gained back about 50 lbs in one really depressed and eating rut year, when my guard was down again... I just ate like no tomorrow... When I finally woke up and realized I was fat again, I couldn't stomach the ideas of trying anything hokey again... Some woman I was talking to mentioned that I should look into the Blood Type diet... I googled it just out of curiosity, though I though it sounded stupid, and then I saw the little ad that Reinhard created on Google, which said something like
"If you were going to try the Blood type diet, don't bother.." or something like that! LOL...
I read the whole NoS diet and lights and bells kept on going off with every sarcastic, but true "diet psychology truth" he wrote...
Ah! Finally, someone truly honest about what diet is really supposed to be like! No bullshit and no cost! And he is just the funniest and smartest guy in the diet world!
So that just sealed the deal... I don't chalk this up to "coincidence"..
I was soooo desperately down about the situation I was in... I had basically lost faith that I could ever diet again...
So, I think God wanted me to find NoS...
Now upon retrospect, I'm even more sure of it, because NoS isn't very widely known, and the chances that I'd see that little tiny google ad aren't too huge, considering how much there is out there on the net...
Thanks Lord!
Reinhard is the best and I hope he gets his just reward once that book starts selling like hotcakes!!! (Hot cakes made of Oatmeal!!! LOL...)

Oh, I'm 38, single mom, licensed massage therapist and musician, live in Great Neck NY...
My interests are Holistic health, music (especially the Grateful Dead and most groups from the sixties and early seventies...) and writing like a lunatic on EDS.. Oh and Yoga!
I started out pretty huge, but have lost a considerable amount with NOS.. Probably about 25 or 30 lbs... This took a year and a half..
I should be at my goal weight sometime before I hit 40! I'd love to be somewhere in the 150-170 range...
Yay!!!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

navin

Post by navin » Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:19 pm

I'm a grumpy old man (29). At a party in New Hampshire about 2 years ago a few friends and I were discussing weight loss strategies, and one of those in the discussion happened to be a friend of Reinhard's and a No-S proponent. I did the No-S thing for a while, several months probably, before reading and posting on the message boards. (Back then was the "old" system, believe me these boards are much better!)

So I've been No-Sing for little more than 2 years now.

I've been heavy since high school, maybe even junior hight (My only high school "letter" was in chess, so you can deduce my level of phyiscal activity back then from that..)

I'm about 5'7 or 5'8, and my starting weight was about 200. My goal is to be around 160, and after 2 years of No-S and regular exercise, I'm down to 175.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Before criticizing someone, you should try walking a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.