Alcohol question from Guatemala Grandma

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

annette

Alcohol question from Guatemala Grandma

Post by annette » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:01 pm

Hi all. I'm back in NJ and back to perusing all the totally conflicting diets, AGAIN!!! Dairy makes you lose/gain. Carbs/protein, No fat, yes fat, don't mix carbs with proteins unless you add some legumes..So I ran back to this site for some sanity. In reading over the information on the Home Page, I saw that alcohol is ok (1 or 2 glasses). What kind of alcohol and with meals or inbetween meals. Any advice. Tis the season to be jolly, after all.....

I'm glad to be back on the sane site. I had breakfast with 5 splendas. Could this be a problem that I never realized???

Fond wishes for a Happy Holiday

Annette in NJ, till January 15th.
Annette. Home from Guatemala worrying like a good Grandma....

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:28 pm

HI Annette,

Besides sugar soda and the two alcoholic drink a day limit (not technically part of the no s diet), I don't have any hard rules about when or what I drink because it isn't an issue for me. I normally drink only black coffee, plain water, and unsweetened tea between meals. I usually have wine or beer with dinner, but sometimes I'll drink my glass of wine while I'm cooking. I often squeeze myself a grapefruit or some oranges for breakfast, but I'm not crazy about bottled juice and squeezing isn't practical at work, so breakfast is pretty much it.

It's probably better to limit your caloric drinks to mealtime, but if the calories involved are few, and you really enjoy it, then don't take the risk of overburdening yourself with restrictions. If it's an issue for you (you keep the meal rules perfectly but suck down gallons of milk or orange juice between meals) then make a rule.

Reinhard