Tyler's Daily Check-In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Pork Chop

Tyler's Daily Check-In

Post by Pork Chop » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:19 pm

I'm just starting a new log to reflect some revised rules from what I learned the first two weeks. I'm not always hungry for breakfast and it seems kind of dumb to eat when I'm not hungry. Also, because of scheduling, I have about 8-9 hours between lunch and dinner. This is too long to go without eating and I was trying to overcome this by eating really big meals at lunch and dinner. I got really good at vertical stacking and I was eating high calorie foods. This seems to defeat the purpose of being on a "diet".

I am going to allow 2-4 meals per day depending on hunger and at least three hours apart. This flexibility should allow me to eat only when hungry and to eat smaller, healthier meals. It should look something like this on most normal days:

6 - 9, Breakfast (optional)
11 - 1, Lunch
3 - 6, Tweener meal, small, (optional and by necessity not called a snack)
8 - 10, Dinner

Some people may think I'm wrong to skip breakfast. I've heard the arguments before and I respectfully disagree.

Also, I feel the need to add the rule "No Supersizes" to encompass basic, fast, junk food from fast food joints and convenience stores. This prohibits french fries and other fried foods, cheeseburgers, and the highly processed junk from convenience stores. This rule does not prohibit things like grilled chicken sandwiches, salads, and burgers without fake cheese or mayo.
Last edited by Pork Chop on Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pork Chop

Post by Pork Chop » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:20 pm

Day 1, Wednesday, 12/28/05

Weight 271.5

Eating :)
Exercise :)

Pork Chop

Post by Pork Chop » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:37 pm

Day 2, Thursday, 12/29/05

Eating :)
Exercise :)

gratefuldeb67