Murphysraven Daily Check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Murphysraven

Murphysraven Daily Check in

Post by Murphysraven » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:33 pm

Tuesday was a SUCESS. I did have an apple after dinner that technically could have fit on my plate. I felt hungry about a half hour after dinner and felt an apple wouldn't be cheating (too much at least).

I walked 45 min on my lunch time and did about 5 min of shovelglove. I am working up to the full 14.
When I asked for all things, so that I may enjoy Life, I was given Life, so that I may enjoy all things.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:30 am

You are doing great!
Good for you on working up to the 14 minutes...
Better safe and gradual..
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:11 pm

Wensday was a SUCESS. No snacks, no sweets. There was a little verticle stacking of pizza for dinner though :oops:
When I asked for all things, so that I may enjoy Life, I was given Life, so that I may enjoy all things.

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:47 pm

Thursday was NOT a success. I forgot to eat breakfast because it was so busy at work. Ate lunch and dinner as normal. But couldn't pass up a small slice of pumkin pie that my husband offered me. :oops:

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:02 pm

Does your husband know you are trying to keep sweets to S days?
Having your family understand and support your weekday decisions is very important for short and long term success..

I know that when Richard and I get serious, it's just easier all around..
If he breaks a rule, I usually follow immediately behind..
For a while my Mom didn't really respect the NoS rules and there were temptations all over the place.. Now she always asks if it's an S day..
It just makes things nicer! What a help, instead of constant battles...
Ask your hubby for his help and I am sure he will give it to you!

Anyway.. Hope you have a Happy New Year!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:58 pm

Hi Deb,

The hubby knows I am going back on noS. I think he forgot that day as I just started. I've asked him to take all the candy and chips that he enjoys to work or at least out of site. I am pretty good about not snacking as long as it's not right in front of me.

Friday was a success.
Sat & Sun were S-days.
Monday was a success

I'm especially proud of monday since I had the day off and I have a tendancy to snack when I am at home by myself.

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:34 pm

Tuesday was a Success.

Although I did have a much larger dinner than normal. It did fit on one plate. My breakfast and lunch was pretty skimpy that day which is probably why I was so hungry come dinner. I did turn down the ice cream that my husband offered, and reminded him that I am doing noS and to please not offer treats accept on weekends.

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:38 pm

Wensday was a Success.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:40 pm

Good for you!!!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:54 pm

Thursday was NOT a success. I was especially hungry that day for some reason and had larger meals than normal for me. I also ended up nibbling on some chocolate and 2 oreo cookies towards the evening.

Breakfast: Ceral & banana
Lunch: Foot long subway sub and baked chips
Dinner: Hamburger and grilled carrots

Plus a little snacking in the evening ( I had about 4 chocolate pieces and 2 oreos) :/

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:50 pm

Friday was a success.

S-days followed

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:12 pm

Monday = Success
Tuesday = Not Success (doc appointment, anxiety over blood being drawn caused some chocolate therapy)
Wensday = Success

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:39 pm

Sorry I've been away for so long, I fell off the wagon AGAIN! But if at first you don't succeed. Try Try again. :)

I'm currently in a size 18 pants and they're starting to get tight!! I am determined to kick the overeating habit!

Today has been a success. :D

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:23 pm

Thursday was a Success :D

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:39 pm

Welcome back! Don't be sorry. Be sorry if you fail and then quit. It takes most people a few tries.

Reinhard

Lil Mouse

Post by Lil Mouse » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:00 pm

I'm new to NoS but wanted to stop by and say Welcome back!
chocolate therapy
OOOOOH! I'm going to have to remember THIS one! :lol: (But for S-days only, of course! ;) )

Hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend!

::wave::
~Ellen~

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:49 pm

Friday Sat and Sunday were a success! :)

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:37 pm

Monday was a success!

hehe I stepped on the scale tuesday morning. I've already lost a bit of weight. woot!

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:58 pm

Tuesday and Wensday were a success!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:50 pm

Go Murphy's Raven!!!!!
Great comeback!!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:51 pm

Thursday and friday were a Success.

two S-days followed

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:48 pm

Monday was a success

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:41 pm

Tuesday was a little weird. I wanna say it was not a success but technically I did follow the rules. I had a rushed day and totally spaced lunch. Really bizzarre that my stomach didn't try to kill me. Dinner was at 6ish (salmon mmm!) but later on that evening (around 8:30) I really wanted to eat something else, so I had some leftovers from the night before. I ended up having a meal/snack of thinly sliced grilled steak with a bit of cheese and salsa. I figured that was better than a big bowl of ice cream or something , lol!

So technically, only 3 meals were consumed. Just that 2 of them were eaten fairly close together in the evening.

so... Success?

ceu

Post by ceu » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:21 pm

rules are three meals right? I think that's a success.

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:33 pm

Wensday I had a sugar free fudgecicle after dinner. It wasn't really a special day so much so I guess I will not count this day as a success.

I love these little fudgecicles from bluebunny. The serving size says 2 bars (but really I only ever eat 1) and it's only like 45 cal and no sugar (they use splenda).

It really fixs major chocolate cravings I have.

Anyways that was my only variation from the nos plan.

:)

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:21 pm

Thursday & Friday Success

Two S days followed however I started getting sick on Saturday.

I'm still sick today (Wensday). I would not count these days as failures but not successes either. I haven't eaten too many meals or sweets. In fact I have hardly eaten at all due to feeling so yucky.
I guess I'll just count them as Sick days.

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:57 pm

Wensday was a success even being sick. I got 3 healthy meals in.

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:42 pm

Thursday was a success. and I'm feeling a lot better. :)

I've lost a total of 12 lbs so far. I think my next goal is going to be cutting out the diet soda slowly. Must drink more water!

10ch

Post by 10ch » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:59 pm

Hi Murphysraven - I've been doing the same thing (cutting down the diet soda). It's gotta be better for us.

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:10 pm

Friday was a success

Two S-days followed (I had pizza and a candy bar for my treats on Saturday)

I've lost another pound and a half. Woot!

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:35 pm

Monday was not a success.

I had a really bad day at work and bought some dessert at the store on my way to a friends house.

I bought a pack of 3 petite fours (a super mini cake, about a 2"cube) and shared them with two of my friends whom I had dinner with. So basically it was one each.

I have noticed my "splurges" are so much smaller then they used to be. Where I would have a bad day and eat an entire pint of ice cream, now I consider being bad having a piece of cake that fits in the palm of my hand.

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:18 pm

Tuesday was a success.

Today I had a pastry for breakfast :oops: so I'm thinking this day is not a success.

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:38 pm

Wensday & Thursday were a success.

Friday was a S day

The weekend was spent out of town and I ate a little more sugary foods that I should have.

Today I am back on track with the No-S plan!

Murphysraven

Post by Murphysraven » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:24 pm

This week has been mostly a success. Except for thursday, a coworker had a b-day and I had cake.