Thank you thank you thank you

(New!) Read (or post) about people who have stuck with No-S for 10 or more months, lost 10 or more pounds, or 10 or more percent for their starting weight. Periodic updates strongly encouraged -- you can think of it as "Yearly Check In."

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Collegegrl3

Thank you thank you thank you

Post by Collegegrl3 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:09 pm

I am a college student. And I have struggled with body image/weight issues my entire life. My heaviest was 170...

I just wanted to thank you so much for this. I've tried other things and while there could be temporary benefits they were never long term.

It is so hard to lose weight...especially when you're eating dining hall food...but not with this! I've done it... :)

Heaviest: 170
Starting weight for No S: 158
Currently: 135

Thank you so much for giving me my life (and confidence!) back.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

kccc

Post by kccc » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:36 pm

Wow!

Thank you for sharing your accomplishment. Congratulations!!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:48 pm

You are very welcome, Collegegrl3!

Congratulations on your success and thank you for letting us know!

Reinhard

Collegegrl3

Let me elaborate.

Post by Collegegrl3 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:08 pm

As I read other testimonials, I don't feel like I really said enough...I wrote what I did yesterday right before class so I didn't have much time...and now I'm procrastinating studying for a quiz (ha!) and thought I could say something much more useful for whoever reads this.

Like I said, I've struggled with weight issues my whole life, which while it may be just 20 years, it has been a challenge for me. I tried Weight Watchers which, while it works for some people (and it worked for awhile for me), I could not keep up with the counting. I have also tried South Beach but I couldn't do that either...I like food way too much.

So when I found this it sounded way too good to be true, but I wanted to give it a try. I started at the end of July and have been keeping up with it. I thought I was going to have weight issues my entire life, but because of this I have it under control & can really see myself sticking with this my entire life.

So for new people or people who are discouraged:

Stick with this. It's changed my life, it can change yours too. Even if you have a bad day (a red day), stick with it. The rewards go way beyond the number. I'm so much more confident in my appearance and my decisions. When I look in the mirror I see someone I like, instead of all the flaws I used to see. It is the No S Diet, but it should be the No S Lifestyle because it doesn't even feel like I have to think about what I'm doing anymore: I just remember what day it is and I go from there. And weekends feel like CHRISTMAS because I can eat whatever (skittles...)

I have already passed on the No S Diet book to someone else and tell everyone I can about it because that's how much I believe in it.

No S except Smiles :)

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:23 am

I wish I had discovered No S back in the '70's when I was in college. However, I don't know if I would have believed it then or had the discipline to do it, but it sure would have spared me a lot of suffering. I'm finally thinking in terms of sticking to this for a year as a way to keep me involved. At that time, it should be a moot point.

Keep spreading the word.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:54 pm

Congratulations on your success, Collegegrl3!

That is a terrific testimonial.

gk

Post by gk » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:07 pm

Thanks for sharing your testimonial! I'm kinda new and feeling discouraged (hard to stick to it). But after reading your testimonial, it's given me a renewed sense of determination.

Congrats on your success! :)
SW (as of 3/25/13): 172 lbs.
CW: 171 lbs.

Sammybunny711

Post by Sammybunny711 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:54 pm

Way to go! Isn't this the best thing ever? It totally removes guilt about eating things that you LOVE (in moderation :-). Great job!
Height: 5'4"
Highest weight: 210.4
Current Weight: 197.3
Goal Weight: 125-135

*^..^711

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:50 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHooooooooooooo! Good Job! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ::D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me