Lost control

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

annette

Lost control

Post by annette » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:16 pm

Hi No Es Dieters . I have been overeating and out of control for weeks. I don't know what to have for meals anymore now that I am rehooked on starches and sweets and quantity. I just don't know what to do anymore. Also, the thought of only 3 meals a day scares me. What do people eat at those meals to remain satisfied? It all has to fit on one plate?

That's it for the food part. My daughter and granddaughter are still in Guatemala. I plan to go back there 1/15/06. Hope everyone had and has a very Happy New Year.

Annette in NJ
Annette. Home from Guatemala worrying like a good Grandma....

JWL

Post by JWL » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:14 am

Hi annette,

My advice is to remember that no-s is primarily a strategy to get food quantity under control. If 3 plates of food per day do not satisfy you, then you (like so many of us) have gotten used to eating too much.

What is needed is to get your body used to eating a healthier amount of food. This will take around 21 days. The first week will be difficult, but if you insist that you not eat any more than 3 platefuls of food per day, you will get used to eating less.

Luckily, the ground rules of No-S are such that "cheating" is difficult. You either kept to it or you didn't.

My advice: get the quantity under control first. Once you are a month in, and you get used to a healthier amount of food, then pay attention to nutrition, making sure that you get a healthy balance of food.

Remember, if you can't stick to this plan, then part of you is choosing not to do so. Try to figure out which part of you is making this irrational, unhealthy choice and deal with that! :)

Good luck!
JWL[.|@]Freakwitch[.]net

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:44 pm

Hi Annette,

What Freakwitch says is right on. 3 meals is very normal. It's frightening only because your eating habits have gotten so out of whack. It's hard to correct those habits, but as you do, they'll transform into a positive help.

If you absolutely can't handle 3, start with 4. Much better than permasnacking. The only danger is progress will probably be a bit slower than with three and that might be discouraging. I would try 3 first, and if you hit a wall, try it with 4.

Best of luck and keep us posted,

Reinhard

Kevin

Try protein

Post by Kevin » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:55 pm

*Of course* you know what to do.

You've done this before: there's no secret to it. You can do it again. Make one decision to eat one healthy meal and not eat again until the next meal time. One meal, one promise. Then another meal, another promise. Making and keeping these promises for five or six hours will do more for you than all the meal plans in the world.

An immediate improvement would be to drastically decrease those starchy and easily accessible carbs. They are a problem in their own right for what they do to your blood Bg.

You might try increasing protein to hold you over between meals, cut out the sweet stuff entirely, and make your meal carb as complex as possible.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:50 pm

An immediate improvement would be to drastically decrease those starchy and easily accessible carbs. They are a problem in their own right for what they do to your blood Bg.

You might try increasing protein to hold you over between meals, cut out the sweet stuff entirely, and make your meal carb as complex as possible.
Yes Kevin, you are right on there...
I have been doing this for a week now since New Years, and boy is it easier to get through the day.. Plus I have been having delicious and healthy fruits and veggies... I agree that a moderate amount of protein, say beans and rice, and a nice salad is a great way to feel satisfied, and stay that way for much much longer..
Annette.. Those refined carbs alone won't work...
Good luck!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb