losing inches not pounds

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

sparkle

losing inches not pounds

Post by sparkle » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:10 pm

To anyone who is frustrated by the scale right now, I encourage you to take measurements. I have lost an inch in the bust and 1.5 inches in the waist (none in hips or thighs yet). I haven't lost a pound. I've been on habit for exercise for two weeks (my rule is 2 exempt days per week, and so far I've only skipped 1 day per week).

I've been on habit for no-S a few days short of 21 (will join the 21 club when I get there).

This morning I woke up and felt like the wheels in my head just clicked. I realized that I have broken myself of the sweets and snacks habit. I still have fairly large portions and I still don't eat enough fruits and vegetables, but once I've really mastered no sweets or snacks, then I'll tackle the the other two (actually if I'm eating more veg, portions can be large and won't be a problem).

I think I'll add "five-a-day" fruits and vegetables to my habitcal starting March 1st. That gives me some time to start psyching myself up for it and do some meal planning.

Feeling like my body and my brain are on the same team today.
Starting weight: 203-206
1st goal: 198 (weight right after having baby in June 2009)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:45 pm

That's great to hear, sparkle.

I'm all for metrics -- but they have to be good metrics.

Congratulations on those inches!

Reinhard

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:05 pm

Hey Sparkle, inches happen. I've lost three pounds during the last month, not much...but I have lost inches as well. People are commenting on how svelt I look, hey whatever works.

Good luck.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79