Baby Steps toward New Habit

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ruthosborn

Baby Steps toward New Habit

Post by ruthosborn » Mon May 09, 2005 7:11 pm

This is my first day, and I'm really excited too. I think Reinhardt has something big here. The whole idea of a No S habit resonated with me. I've been a calorie accountant, tried controlled gluttony via Atkins, et al, and just want to be moderate. It's the constant food decision-making that unbalances me. If it's settled that I eat three meals a day, then that's it. I can't wait for it to become a habit. I know it's possible for me. I drink black coffee on non-S days. I add cream on S days (before I even knew they were S days). Starting that little habit tells me I can do this. I am so appreciative of stumbling across this simple idea that is so creatively packaged. I'd write the book now if I were you. You've got a nice sprightly literary style too!

Sincerely
Ruth O

reinhard
Site Admin

Re: Baby Steps toward New Habit

Post by reinhard » Mon May 09, 2005 9:56 pm

Welcome, Ruth. I'm glad to hear No-S resonates with you. I'm almost glad I used to be overweight and had to come up with this system to keep myself in check, because I enjoy food more and agonize about it less than I ever would have otherwise. Not everyone is fat, but even those who aren't worry about becoming fat. No-s gets rid of both the fat and the worry.
ruthosborn wrote: I'd write the book now if I were you.
I'll write the book as soon as a publisher offers me an advance. Seriously, I'd love to, but tending to these sites is about all I can manage right now, given my recent paternal status. But I'm flattered you think it's book worthy. Thank you!

jools

ruths first day- a life of moderation

Post by jools » Tue May 10, 2005 5:38 pm

Hi Ruth,

Welcome to NOS. You are so exactly right on. No decisions to be made except what to enjoy eating. Isnt it wonderful- freedom to enjoy eating again( in moderation) without keeping track. When i mention this EP to people it usually always resonates with them too.
Most of us here have been on most diets currently on the market and those that have gone by the wayside, so you are in good company around here.

Jools