Question re Daily Check-in

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mondurvic

Question re Daily Check-in

Post by mondurvic » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:49 am

I first joined NoS at the end of October and started my daily check-in at the same time. Was solidly committed for the first 20 days, then became erratic, both with the principles and with daily check-in. Some weeks ago, I disappeared completely.

I want to return, and am wondering if I can start a new Daily Check-in or if I have to pick up my old one where it left off. You probably don't have actual rules about this, but what's the general advice?

Judy

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:13 am

Hi Judy,

Good to see you again. Happy New Year to you!

I reckon that if you'd rather start a new daily checkin, then you should just start a new one. I don't think anybody will mind. On the other hand, if you think of this as still being part of the same journey, then there's nothing wrong with continuing on the old one.

How do you feel about it? I'm guessing from the fact you're even asking the question that you'd feel more positive about starting up a new one - new checkin, fresh start and all that... If that's right, then just start it up!

Welcome back, whatever you decide to do.
C.
CaroleJo

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:28 am

Hi Judy,

Either way is fine by me. Starting a new thread means you're less likely to be burdened by a sense of past failure, but continuing with the same thread might be a good way of facing down the yoyo-failure mentality, saying "yeah I ran into some trouble but look I'm still here. I'm not going to take any escape route but success."

Best of luck whichever you decide,

Reinhard