O43 Check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:50 am

Well,

I found the weight watchers points didn't work for me.

Ran ten miles last week, and then finally ran on the treadmill tonight, 1.58 miles in 20 minutes. I am seriously thinking of keeping my treadmilling in the 20 minute range and seeing how far I can get in that time. I did this with the Airdyne as well, I would set a certain time and build my stamina in that time frame. I don't have the attention span to go on endlessly, on a treadmill or the road.

I did lift weights yesterday for the firs time since March. I am pleasantly sore, and tomorrow will do legs.

As I said, the Weight Watchers points just didn't do it. I don't blame Weight Watchers, it just isn't for me. Trying to keep track of points all day was like trying to herd 6th graders at an amusement park.

But, life is for experimenting, and to try new things.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

gk

Post by gk » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:55 am

Over43 wrote:Trying to keep track of points all day was like trying to herd 6th graders at an amusement park.
You always do have an interesting way of describing things. Ha! :lol:

Over43

Post by Over43 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:35 am

Thanks GK.

Well three meals today, that's good. The peach pie sitting on the counter that was supposed to be for tomorrow? Not good.

Aside from that I think I under ate. Breakfast was six scrambled egg whites with onion, and two slices of deli ham, and instant oatmeal.

Lunch was a salad...

Pie

Dinner was another salad.

Aside from the pie today was a rtather low glycemic day.

I bought a set of Selecttech Dumbells (my Christmas present to me...). Monday I did an upper body workout, Tuesday I did a 20 minute cardio session, and today was lower body. I'm sore. Aspirin helps though. Back on the treadmill tomorrow for 20 minutes.

Discussing another Cayman trip in late May. (Early hurricane season). We'll see, she wants to take the kids to the Magic Kingdom. Crap... However I do feel a Sun Valley trip in my future.

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

Over43

Post by Over43 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:47 pm

Well,

This is the ultimate S Day. So far I have had a 16 oz. protein shake, my poor man's mocha with No Sugar Swiss Miss, and a Diet Pomegranate 7-Up.

We'll be eating about 1 PM and then the kids want to go see Red Dawn. (I have heard the US gets invaded by North Korea. Not sure how they're going to get here...) So, I don't plan on eating a "ton" today, it's the left overs and randomly sitting around pies that get me. I have been eating a bit more lower carb lately and that has been curbing my hunger, so today I may have turkey, green salad, greenbeans, and maybe a spoonful of stuffing. As I have gotten older I find the unending "feast" on Tahnksgiving has become less appealing.

Good luck to you all and Happy Thanksgiving.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:14 am

Didn't see Red Dawn, haven't seen Lincoln yet either, which irritates me.

Today was an S day. But well within a manageable limit. Had two handfuls of M&M's along with a turkey sandwich, and...turkey soup. I imagine no one would believe me if I told them I'm not to big on the bird.

Did my 20 minute "Cardio Solution" yesterday. Felt good, but I did prep that with a Lyrica in the morning. However I feel great today. Tomorrow is the upper body strength workout. Wish me luck. :lol: I usually don't feel 48 and 10/12th's until I start lifting.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:09 am

Success!

Breakfast: ham and eggs, and wheat toast

Lunch: A turkey sandwich, apple, yogurt. (That's the last turkey sandwich until next November...)

Dinner: A plate of chinese food and half an egg roll

Exercise: 45 minute Body for Life upper body workout.
Last edited by Over43 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:49 am

Success!

Breakfast: left over Chinese

Lunch: Cheeseburger, two mozorella sticks, yogurt

Dinner: Steak and eggs, with a side of shrimp (Don't ask)

I didn't get my run in due to a doctor's appointment and then a meeting. Weights tomorrow.

Gepetto

Post by Gepetto » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:20 am

Congratulations on the successes - especially Thanksgiving, where anything short of a Roman orgy probably qualifies for a gold medal.
Start Date: 11/12/2012
Start Weight: 323 lbs.
Current Weight: 320 lbs.
Last Signature Update: 11/25/2012

Over43

Post by Over43 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:56 am

Failure

I knew this was coming this morning when I left the house. Instead of taking the time to eat a good breakfast I threw some raviolis on a plate, nuked them, and had yogurt for breakfast, by 9:30 I was feeling like I had low blood sugar.

So, Gepetto, thank you for the congratulations, but like golf and baseball, this is a humbling pursuit. (And say hi to Pinocchio for me. :lol: )

Workout: I got my leg workout in this afternoon. Treadmill tomorrow.
Last edited by Over43 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

eschano

Post by eschano » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:38 am

I love this quote: "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail Better." Samuel Beckett (Well, I didn't verify myself that it was SB who said it).

I love it because it just shows that every failure is a learning opportunity and you're so good in getting insights from them! So the Green Days should put on their seatbelts.... here comes Over43 :wink:
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

Over43

Post by Over43 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:32 am

Success!

Breakfast: egg and ham scramble, two slices of wheat toast

Lunch: Cheeseburger, onion rings, Diet Mt. Dew

Dinner: 1/2 a Domino's Sandwich, slice of ham and pineapple pizza

Workout: 20 minute HIIT

gk

Post by gk » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:09 am

I FINALLY got the exercise bug. I used to look at all of your entries and think to myself, "man, I wish I could make myself be so consistent with exercise like that!".

I signed up for exercise classes (step and body flow-yoga, pilates and tai chi) and I'm HOOKED. Go five times a week and miss the days I don't.

Guess I finally found something that I'm actually interested in and I'm doing it in an environment that is fun (instead of trying to stick to it at home, I'm going to the YMCA, meeting new friends, etc.).

Is that what makes you so consistent? Do you really enjoy it or do you just "get through it" every day? At the moment, it's not even really exercise to me anymore......just something fun to do that I look forward to every day. Hope this lasts!!! :)

If I remember right, you said your wife had back problems or something to that effect and she started exercises to help with that. Is that still working for her? I've noticed the difference in my foot pain already, from all the stretching....

Over43

Post by Over43 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:14 am

Hello GK,

I am an at home exerciser. I am more hermit like and can keep up with the exercise. I have to change programs regularly or I get bored, but most of the time Iam on the wagon. I did Yoga from March to May this year, and enjoyed it, then from May to August I rode the Airdyne, from August to around the week before Thanksgiving I jogged, now I am doing the Body for Lifeprogram. It contains three days a week lfiting, and three days a week doing the "cardio solution." The weather has turned cold so I have been doing the cardio solution in the house, on my wife's eliptical, in front of the woodstove. I break quite a sweat. I'll probably start jogging again in early March. We'll see, maybe I'll yoga again.

Good luck with your workouts, and enjoy them.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:43 am

I can' t believe it is 2013. I wasn't supposed to see 1965.

Christmas ended up being a dietary cluster fudge. I did not know it was possible to eat so much. But I did.

I have spent the last three days LOW carbing to get some of this appetite under control. And it seems to be working. I have also started a different strength training program to mix things up.

So, I have returned. It' s good to see the new folks show up this time of year. Let's see who' s posting in 2014. Good luck.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:33 am

S Day

eschano

Re: 01.05.2013

Post by eschano » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:28 am

Over43 wrote:So, I have returned. It' s good to see the new folks show up this time of year. Let's see who' s posting in 2014. Good luck.
Welcome back :D I hope I'm still posting in 2014 (at least for fabulous testimonials).
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

Over43

Post by Over43 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:34 am

Thanks ethanol. Yesterday was green, today red. Which is ok. Regardless, for me, green or red, being cognizant of No S seems to help in the long run.

I got in a nice leg workout tonight, and hopefully tomorrow I' 'll get in the 20 minute cardio solution. Adio for now.

O43

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:15 am

My waist, for the moment is slowly expanding. No panic yet. This last week I had to slow down the exercise due to a chest cold that is sapping my energy. I hate coughing and that is all I have done today.

Back on the wagon on Tuesday.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:55 am

This was a pretty typical weekend. I have the mother of pall colds though. S Day.

On a different note: Go 49ers!

Over43

Post by Over43 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:46 am

S Day today. My only indulgence was an ice cream cone. My Hausfrau ist krank. So, I did not get a workout in.

Just relaxing now watching Monday Night Raw. :lol: My oldest does not understand how I can read Hemingway or Hegel during the day and watch WWE at night. It is good to be cosmopolitan. 8)

Over43

Post by Over43 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:33 am

Success!

Today was interesting, every meal filled me up:

Breakfast: #1 at the Mickie Dee's drive-through, and I drank 1/2 a mocha.

Lunch: A baked potato with toppings, and a salad.

Dinner: Fired Chicken (two boneless thighs) and a salad (my usual dressing, bleu cheese) 1/4 cup of Basmati rice. (Caught myself, while cooking dinner, chewing on a handful of grapes. Wife said not to sweat it, they went with dinner... :lol: What a great woman...)

I had a 20 0z. bottle of 7-Up throughout the day, I have had a sore throat and it kind of soothed it a bit.

No exercise yet, I am still pooped with the cold I caught last week. Really thinking the DDP yoga will be what I do for the next 2-3 months. Then move back to the dumbells.

And...I was on you tube and re-discovered Jan and Dean. I am going to have to put them on my Kindle Fire.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:40 am

Success!

Breakfast: 3 sausage, one egg on an English Muffin, and a slice of cheese. "Diet" caffeine free Mocha.

Lunch: Jimmy John's #16, Coke, 5-6 Funions.

Dinner: Hamburger, sliced tomato, 1/4 cup of baked beans

Workout: Diamond Dallas Page Yoga: 24 minute Fat Burner

Over43

Post by Over43 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:45 am

Success!

Breakfast: Protein shake

Lunch: New York burrito brisket burrito, handful of corn chips

Dinner: Small rib eye steak, mashed potatoes, salad

Exercise: Diamond Dallas Page Yoga: Strength Builder

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:39 am

Success!

Exellent day actually.

Breakfast: bacon scrambled with eggs, English muffin, low calorie mocha.

Lunch: Banquet Salisbury Steak dinner, yogart, box of raisins

Dinner: Chiken and rice with peanut sauce, salad w/ bleu cheese

Workout: Diamond Dallas Page: Stand Up workout

For those of you wonder how to make may low cal mocha, it is easy:

Two tablespoons of Swiss Miss No Sugar Added instant hor chocolate.

One teaspoon of caffeine free inastant coffee (I try to avoid caffeine as I am an insomniac)

Two packets of Splenda

6 oz. of hot water.

75 calories

Enjoy

No BS

Post by No BS » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:15 am

Congrats on all your SUCCESS!!! You are definitely on a roll.

I like reading your thread & food choices. I have discovered I am a totally unrepentant food voyeur so I am happily tiptoeing around this BB peeking into peoples' posts & enjoying their offerings! :wink:

"I can' t believe it is 2013. I wasn't supposed to see 1965." May I ask why?
If you are not living life on the edge you are taking up too much room!!

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:40 am

S Day

I didn,t even exercise.

No BS, you can snoop around my threads all you want. To answer your question, I was born in 1964 two months premature. I had one kidney and also, what was then called an undescended colon. It didn't go all the way down. The doctors kept operating and my heart kept beating. I found out recently that my parents basically left me at the hospital, but my grand parents came daily to rock me, feed me, etc.

That' s my story.

No BS

Post by No BS » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:21 pm

That is quite an entry you made into this world!!! Clearly being a tough little fighter is in your genes!

Congrats on making it to 2013!! :wink:

gk

Post by gk » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:34 pm

Love how at times you have a short "spell" where you aren't as strict with the rules as usual (holiday, etc.), but then you just hop back in and resume as if you never fudged the rules at all. Shows who has control - YOU, not the food.

You also don't seem to dwell on times that you choose to relax the rules a bit. I'm sure that's probably why you don't have difficulty resuming with No S'ing. Love it!

Keep up the great work! :)

Over43

Post by Over43 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:54 pm

Monday: Success!

Breakfast: Burger King Cruissant Ham Sandwich, Tots, some foofy latte

Lunch: Banquet TV Dinner, Yogurt, Diet Coke

Dinner: Roast, Potatoes (no gravy), corn, Diet 7 U-p

Exercise: Energize, 20 minute DDP yoga session, 20 minutes shoveling snow.

Thank You GK for the compliment, I try to ride the wave.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:38 am

Success!

Breakfast: Eggs, bacon, English muffin, mocha

Lunch: Yogurt, Banquet chicken nuggets and fries, Diet Coke

Dinner: Hot dog, macaroni salad, green salad, raisins, Diet 7- Up

Workout: DDP Yoga Strength Builder

Just an update: I stepped on the scale this morning, fully dressed, with my Dickie work shoes on, and was a tad under 190 pounds. So, that would be a three pound weight loss in abou two weeks.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:47 am

Breakfast: sausage, eggs, English muffin, "diet" mocha

Lunch: Grilled Ham and Cheese, handfull of fries, apple sauce

Dinner: Domino's Thin Crust Pizza, one slice of regular, chicken wings (yes all on one plate...)

Weight 189 (down from 193)

Rested tonight

Over43

Post by Over43 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:58 am

Success!

Nice day. I'm heading to dinner, have a chicken, penne, red sauce in the pressure cooker, plus salad.

Breakfast was a home made bacon, egg and cheese on an English muffin, plus my usual low cal mocha, but I doubled it, so it was 150 cals.

Lunch: A New York Burrito Spciy Thai Chicken, Peanut burrito, and the 6 tortilla chips that come with it, plus a Diet Cherry Coke.

Exercise: DDP Yoga "Diamond Cutter", 50 minutes.

I'm just glad January is over. My least favorite month.

HoeHanna

Post by HoeHanna » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:04 am

Just love your daily posts, they remind me everyday of how easy this should be and how important accountability is. So this month I will try to actually USE the red/green calendar. Thanks
Start Date 01/14/13
Beginning Weight 230
Height 5' 6"
Age 59
Let's hope there's hope for the hopeless.

gk

Post by gk » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:21 am

Thanks for dropping by my thread. I have always noticed in your posts that you have "normal food" and coupled with exercise that seems to work just fine with your weight loss and "going down another notch on your belt". :) Makes sense. One cannot live on rabbit food, right?

That being said - ENJOY your Superbowl Sunday and the all-day buffet that comes with it. :)
SW (as of 3/25/13): 172 lbs.
CW: 171 lbs.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:03 am

Success!

Thank you for stopping in HoeHanna and GK.

I don't want to state the obvious, be we Homo Sapiens can take something simple and make it way more complicated than it needs to be.

Breakfast: bacon and an egg, and a slice of cheese on an English muffin. I must be craving salt, because I have been craving bacon.

Lunch: School lunch: a chicken sandwich on the new Michelle Obama wheat roll ( :shock: ), not to tasty on wheat, milk, and a Diet Coke, not mixed with the milk.

Dinner: A small rib eye, salad, rice, and a spoon full of macaroni salad. I did pick a bit at dinner, and had a glass of chocolate milk later while watching Smack Down. I think I under ate all day. Plus I avoided the fudge Pop Tarts in the pantry...all week.

Exercise: The DDP "Fat Burner" workout.

Everyone have a good weekend.

Over43

02_04_13

Post by Over43 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:26 am

Success!

Three meals, no snacks, sweets or seconds. I have a lot of green going on.

Did the DDP Yoga, Strength Builder for my workout tonight. I'm probably above average strength for my age and size, but I have no flexibility.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:08 am

Success!

Breakfast: eggs, bacon, English muffin. (I think, I don't quite remember?)

Lunch: Wendy's jr. bacon cheese burger, small shake

Dinner: Chicken Sandwich, handful of chips, two tots, glass of chocolate milk.

Exercise: Diamond Cutter (50 minutes)

Over43

Post by Over43 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:15 am

Success!

Three meals, no snacks, etc.

Did a 20 minute DDP Yoga workout.

I have been up since 4:30 AM so time to relax.

SpiritSong

Post by SpiritSong » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:56 pm

Congrats on all your green! :D

Over43

Post by Over43 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:48 am

Success!

Today was a bit tougher than other days. About five I got abnormally hungry. I had a glass of milk and ended up being fine.

I did have a real Coke in the AM because I was nauseated so I sipped on it during meetings. No exercise tonight, need a rest, back at it tomorrow.

Good night
Last edited by Over43 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:49 am

SpiritSong wrote:Congrats on all your green! :D
Thank you very much.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:44 am

Success!

Breakfast: bacon, eggs, slice of wheat bread, Diet Dr. Pepper (I took my BP meds with it. :lol: )

Lunch: One slice of pizza, hand full of salt and vinegar chips.(That would explain the BP meds...)

Dinner: Petite rib eye steak, rice, canned peaches

Exercise The Diamond Dallas Page Diamond Cutter workout, 50+ minutes, I sweated a bucket load.

Over43

Feb 9-10, 2013

Post by Over43 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:37 am

Today, and tomorrow, S Days.

Today was a easy day eating, and I napped after taking the dog to the trainer's. He napped as well.

No BS

Post by No BS » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:00 pm

For someone with adult ADD, you look pretty focused to me!! :D

Keep up the good work, eh!! :wink:

Over43

Post by Over43 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:23 am

Success!

Breakfast: Mickie' s breakfast steak burrito, Orange juice

Lunch: chicken sandwich, box of golden raisins

Dinner:pork cutlet, mashed potatoes, salad

The water to the fountain at work froze so I had a can and a half of Mt. Dew.

Exercise: Diamond Dallas Page Diamond Cutter workout, fifty minutes.

Over43

February 12, 2013

Post by Over43 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:05 am

Success!

Breakfast: bacon and eggs shared with the dog

Lunch: a teriyaki chicken burrito from NY Burrito

Dinner: stew, a slice of sourdough w/ butter, sliced avocado, 6 oz. Kefir.

Exercise: Diamond Dallas Page Strength Builder Yoga

Over43

Post by Over43 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:47 am

Success!

Breakfast: sausage, eggs, two slices of gluten free bread, 5 oz. kefir

Lunch (a bizarre lunch): 3 chicken tenders, two Wingers chicken wraps (not big, almost bite sized), three tbsps mac n' cheese.

Dinner: Two hot dogs on a bun, handful of chips, avacado/tomato/cucmber salad (Yes, all on a plate...)

No exercise, we had to drive to Idaho Falls to the Sam's Club. That ends up being a 2-3 hour trip.

I almost forgot, I weighed this morning, fully dressed with a sweat shirt, and my Dickies workshoes on. 190 lbs. Had I been in the buff, I'm guessing >185.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:23 am

No BS wrote:For someone with adult ADD, you look pretty focused to me!! :D

Keep up the good work, eh!! :wink:
Thank you...it goes in stages.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:21 am

S Day

Valentine's, next week is the twin's B-Day, the week after mine. So that's the way it goes.

Exercise: Diamond Dallas Page Yoga: Diamond Cutter

Over43

February 15, 2013

Post by Over43 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:04 am

Success

Breakfast: protein shake

Lunch: peanut butter and jelly, chips, pear

Dinner: battered cod, salad, stuffing

Exercise: DDP Diamond Cutter

Over43

The Puppy Ate the Cake

Post by Over43 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:46 pm

I was snacking on the Valentine's Day cake my daughter made (on Saturday was the snacking). I kept thinking, "This could get to be a problem..."

In the middle of Ben Hur my wife walked in the kitchen. She came back out and let me know that the puppy had devoured the cake.

Saved by the dog. :lol:

No BS

Post by No BS » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:39 pm

Hilarious variant on the "dog ate my homework" meme! :lol:

Over43

February 18, 2013

Post by Over43 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:23 pm

Failure.

Have the day off and have just been schmuck. Tomorrow is another day. Need to get my workout in.

O43

Edit: I did get the workout in: DDPYoga Double Black Diamond. Not sure I was ready for that 65 minutes of crimes against humanity.

No BS

Post by No BS » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:03 am

Don't get discouraged. You really have been doing awesome! :wink:

Tomorrow is another day.

By the way, great workout! :D

Over43

February 19, 2013

Post by Over43 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:10 am

Well my two youngest turned fourteen today. Thank goodness they still look eleven. :lol:

Today was a success.

Breakfast: a homemade breakfast sandwich

Lunch: Turkey and fake cheese on white, chips, banana

Dinner: Orange chicken at the local Thai restaurant and half a summer roll.

Exercise: Diamond Dallas Page Yoga Strength Builder. After yesterday, I couldn't wait to finish today. Rest tomorrow.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:13 am

No BS wrote:Don't get discouraged. You really have been doing awesome! :wink:

Tomorrow is another day.

By the way, great workout! :D
Thanks, no worries.

:wink:

Over43

February 20, 2013

Post by Over43 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:24 am

Success!

Three meals, no snacks, sweets or seconds.

Breakfast: five scrambled eggs, two slices of toast

Lunch: chicken salad sandwich, Apple, Sun Chips, milk

Dinner: roast, rice, salad, gravy

No exercise tonight, I am pooped.

Over43

February 21, 2013

Post by Over43 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:09 am

Success!

I'm getting tired of looking at my own food journal.

Eggs and toast for breakfast.

Peanut butter and jelly, an Apple and Sun Chips for lunch.

Two homemade burritos and half a cup of salad for dinner.

Diamond Cutter workout after work.

Over43

February 22, 2013

Post by Over43 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:20 am

Success!

Protein shake for breakfast.

Half a school lunch hamburger, peanut butter and jelly, 4 Orange slices, and eight fries for lunch.

Two soft tacos and a glass of chocolate milk for dinner.

Didn't exercise, napped instead.

Over43

February 23, 2013

Post by Over43 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:57 pm

S Day, as well as tomorrow. Did a twenty minute YRG workout this morning. See everyone on Monday.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:57 pm

Fail

My boss' birthday today, mine tomorrow. I remember when everyone thought carrot cake was healthy and I hated it, and would never eat it. Today was German chocolate. It was well worth the red.

Later today: Diamond Cutter

Didn't do the Diamond Cutter, did the Double Black Diamond instead. :D

Jonas Jonasson

Post by Jonas Jonasson » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:16 am

Happy Birthday
Disclaimer (still applicable):
If a person is fairly new to English their English words and expressions are influenced by their mother tongue, so things that might sound impolite to you are not always meant in that way.

SpiritSong

Post by SpiritSong » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:24 pm

Happy Birthday! :D

German chocolate cake is definitely worth the fail. :twisted:

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:54 pm

Happy Birthday! :D My husband, my father-in-law and my brother-in-law all have their birthdays this week, too.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:20 am

Thank you everyone. It was a good S Day.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:51 am

Success!

Back on the wagon.

Breakfast was an egg burrito

Lunch a chicken fried steak from the middle school, 6th grade portion

Dinner was half a pressure cooked chop, green beans and basmati rice.

Exercise: I did the Diamond Cutter.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:48 am

Success!

Breakfast was egg burrito, frozen hash brown party, and OJ.

Lunch: Chinese, fried shrimp and fried rice, a Coke- to cut the salt.

Dinner: stew, saltiness

I am noticing that my meals don't need to be big like they were at the beginning.

Exercise: DDP Stand Up workout.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:02 am

Good Day today.

Three meals, no snacks ,sweets or seconds. Did the DDP Double Black Diamond. I was shaking after.

No BS

Re: 02.28.13

Post by No BS » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:23 pm

Over43 wrote: I am noticing that my meals don't need to be big like they were at the beginning.
It's amazing how our bodies will automatically seek a healthy balance when given regular meals & regular exercise & regular habits! :wink:

Over43

March 4, 2013

Post by Over43 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:46 am

Fail!

It was another magic Monday. That makes 3 in a row.

About thirty minutes of exercise.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:24 am

Success!

Breakfast: homemade egg and sausage sandwich

Lunch: School lunch

Dinner: Salad and mashed potatoes topped with beef and gravy.

Exercise: Diamond Cutter

Over43

The Weekend

Post by Over43 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:50 pm

My weekend has been better than last week was. Last week was so bad I was to embarrassed to even post. I did continue working out, but just fed like a wild beast.

Maybe it is the sun warming me up, I'm coming out of hibernation. I posted a week or two ago about the McDougall Plan, I cannot see me as a vegan, or a vegetarian, but I am never to afraid to try something new, so I might conform the McDougall "Diet" and see how it fits with No S. I am sure the first whiff of steak I get will have me dragging myself toward the first Sizzler I'm near. He claims starches can be just as filling as animal proteins, I guess we'll see. I have a lot of rice and beans in my immediate future. :oops:

His claim is you can eat as much vegan/vegetarian food as you would like without repercutions. I'm not going to test that theory.

Well may the rest of your weekend be fantastic. The new History Channel series, Vikings, which is on tonight is pretty good.

O43
Last edited by Over43 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:14 am

Success!

So much for my vegan experiment, I guess two days is better than some. :lol: Personally, I think either Atkins, Ornish, or Dr. McDougall or who ever, any "anti food group" goes against the spirit of No S. Whether it be carb poisoning, dairy poisoning, or any other type of food group poisoning, none of it can be any worse than just plain "calorie poisoning". Dr. McDougall believes people can't not eat with enough control to manage their weight. I'm not a doc but I don't have to agree.

Breakfast: two glasses of water. I got stuck in a meeting and all tethered serving were sugary muffins.

Lunch: NY Burrito bbq beef burrito, corn chips w/salsa, Diet Mt Dew.

Dinner: Stew, French bread, pepperocini.

Exercise: DDP Double Black Diamond

If anyone has been wondering, www.ddpyoga.com

Over43

Post by Over43 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:32 am

Success!

Another good day today!

Breakfast: egg burrito, Ruthie's latte

Lunch: ham on French bread, Funions, Apple, Can of Coke

Dinner: chicken and dumplings, French bread, 6 oz chocolate milk

Exercise: Double Black Diamond, I'm still sweating.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:31 am

Success!

Breakfast: egg burritos cranberry juice

Lunch: TV dinner, handfull of chips (about 280 calories actually)

Dinner: A slice of Chicago Stuffed Pizza, salad, Diet Coke

Workout: Double Black Diamond, 69 minutes...

Over43

Post by Over43 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:54 pm

Success!

Breakfast: Egg burrito, Ruthies Latte'

Lunch: Chicken Strips, 1/2 an order of fries, mozzerela stick (1)

Dinner: Left over pizza, chocolate milk

Workout: Double Black Diamond

Everyone have a good day!

Over43

Post by Over43 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:05 pm

Fail

I have eaten so much today I feel as if I should be ashamed. I am always embarrassed for Adam Richman when I see how much food he shoves in his pie hole, now I can be embarrassed for me.

Well everyone have a good evening, apparently there is a storm warning for Eastern Idaho/Western Wyoming Sunday night, maybe, just maybe we'll get a snow day Monday. 8)

Well I am off to finish the five day Double Black Diamond Challenge. I am
A bit sore.

Adio.

No BS

Post by No BS » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:06 am

Good grief, Over43, EPIC workouts already!! 8) Wowzers!! :wink:

You fabulous faithful & fit exercisers are always a constant inspiration to me. Sometimes I pull a muscle just reading this thread!! :lol:

Have a great weekend!

Jonas Jonasson

Post by Jonas Jonasson » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:06 am

I have been wondering actually. Thank you very much for posting this. I don't know if you're interested in this but I do not think that there are such ads/spots in Germany (Europe?), amazingly & completely different cultures.
If a person is fairly new to English their English words and expressions are influenced by their mother tongue, so things that might sound impolite to you are not always meant in that way.

germanherman

Post by germanherman » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:35 am

Jonas Jonasson wrote:
I have been wondering actually. Thank you very much for posting this. I don't know if you're interested in this but I do not think that there are such ads/spots in Germany (Europe?), amazingly & completely different cultures.
We also don't have P90X and most of the other trendy exercise programms. Seems like the german market for exercise-videos is not big enough.

Ok, there are some exceptions like Tae-bo or Zumba...
Spend over 450 Dollar on some Systems, Gadgets and courses = Zero Results

Spend 15 Bucks for a Shovelglove + NoS-Diet= ;)

German by nature

Jonas Jonasson

Post by Jonas Jonasson » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:39 pm

I was rather aiming at the overall atmosphere etc. But I fear we are invading O43's thread, sorry about this.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:29 pm

You are all fine posting on my thread if you would like. Jonas if you are interested in DDPY they ship world wide. In fact the team ddp yoga has a German group. I have joined, but, the one and only post has been in German (who would have thought?), and my language skills have faded since college.

My eating habits are starting to concern me. I started off well today, but unravelled at lunch. I don't know how many Cokes or candy bars I went at, but I need to refocus. Probably the issue begins with breakfast, which I have had a rather lazy attitude toward lately. So today, like yesterday is a big red FAIL. But I did get my workout in, the DDP Strength Builder. After five Double Black Diamonds last week the Strength Builder seems actually quite short.

I did have a bit of a fright this afternoon. I got out of the shower after my workout and found our 7 month old pup, who is all German Sheperd, flipping my yoga mat around. No damage done.

Everyone have a great evening.

No BS

Post by No BS » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:14 am

Lucky you - a German shepherd puppy is simply awesome! All ears & eagerness! :lol:

Would you mind sharing the pup's name (sorry for being so nosy :oops:) ?

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:38 am

The pup is Klaus. We had one earlier last summer, Amadeus, but he ran through the invisible fence into the path of an oncoming car. Klaus doesn't do that.

I had an epiphany this morning at 2 AM while I was sicker than a dog. The last week and a half, I have had a hard time not eating. I think when I catch a gastro-virus I start eating more. I'm not sure why. I have noticed the phenomena before, it's weird.

Anyway, today was three meals. And a Strength Builder DDPY workout. Yesterday afternoon, before I started waking the household with my stomach and intestinal issues I did the Double Black Diamond. It sucked. Tonight sucked, but not as bad as last night. I did watch the first 15 minutes of the DDP Extreme Workout. Holy Beep, that won't happen for awhile.

Well, I am still beat from this stomach flu (I did work today though...). So I am going to read and fall asleep.

See you Monday.

gk

Post by gk » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:55 am

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I always try to think about the very slight silver lining whenever I'm sick with the stomach flu......that little ole' line from the movie, "The Devil Wears Prada"......"I'm only one stomach flu away from my perfect weight." Ha! Just gotta love the ONE good thing that comes from that nasty flu! :wink:

Hope you feel better soon! :)

No BS

Post by No BS » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:05 pm

Over43, I hope you are doing well & that April is treating you good! :wink:

gk

Post by gk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:30 pm

So, how has Over43 been doing?

Over43

April 20, 2013

Post by Over43 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:42 pm

Well I am back from Palm Springs. Tuesday was a 14 hour, 1000 mile drive home. (Not quite a thousand miles.) I must be getting old, I used to remember when drives like that were an adventure. Now it's tedious.

I lost a couple of pounds down there, I did a lot of swimming and walked the golf course, in between rides on the cart. Plus the 85* weather made me sweat a lot. It felt good. My uncle left us a real nice pad down there. I wish he were still around to enjoy it with us.

Since I have been home I have done nothing but eat. Candy bars, Grandma's Chocolate Brownie cookies, dates (from Palm springs), etc. Time to stop. I ate so much sugar yesterday I had to put my head on the desk, and yes, I dozed. It was quite embarrassing when the school secretary walked in with a message and I was down for the count.

I was up at 5:00 AM this morning doing the Diamond Cutter. I got 2/3's of the way through and stopped. I was nauseated, legs wobbly, etc. Probably low blood sugar. I think once I clean up my sloppy eating habits that will stop. We'll find out tomorrow at 5:00 AM.

It is good to be back, I hope everyone else is doing well.

O43

Edit: Today was a success. Looking forward to a weekend under control.
Last edited by Over43 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

SpiritSong

Post by SpiritSong » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:01 pm

O43 - I've had trouble exercising the day after a sugar fest, so I bet that was the problem. Drink lots of water today and good luck tomorrow morning! :D

Over43

June 7, 2013

Post by Over43 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:22 am

Well, it's been awhile, but I'm wandering back. I have been doing DDP Yoga 3-4 days a week. I have been eating like poo. Time to settle down a bit with my food. I hope everyone is doing well.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:43 am

June 8, 2013

Today was vacuuming day, I vacuumed up whatever food was around, and ate it. And, although it was an S Day I have decided to post everyday to get back in the habit. No exercise today, those days normally fall on M-T-Th-F. I like having Wednesday off as a rest day.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:30 pm

June 9, 2013

An S Day...

Not much else to report.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:28 am

Success!

First successful day I have had in sometime.

Breakfast: croissant sandwich, iced mocha

Lunch: Late, eggs and bacon

Dinner: bratwurst on bun w/mustard, Mac and cheese, salad.

Exercise:DDP Yoga Double Black Diamond

Over43

Post by Over43 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:57 am

Success!

Breakfast: hash browns and cheesy scrambled eggs

Lunch: bratwurst, sliced tomato, corn

Dinner: steak, macaroni salad, tomato/cucumber salad

Exercise: DDP Yoga Diamond Cutter at 5:00 AM

Two straight success days. I'm not sure what prompted me to get up and exercise at five, but it's out of the way.

Caught some rays in the afternoon.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:46 pm

June 11, 2013

Success!

Breakfast: ham, cheese, egg croissant and an iced mocha

Lunch: 3 taco wagon tacos, small mango soda

Dinner: Two fish fillets, onion rings, shrimp salad, apple, chocolate milk.

Exercise: Not sure about tonight. On the exercise note, I went in yesterday for back and hip xrays, we'll see what turns up. Jump rope, jogging and my Schwinn Airdyne are out of the question for the moment. For those of you who have maybe read my posts over the years you know the Airdyne has been a big part of my exercise repertoire. Right now I seem pretty limited to DDP Yoga and my heavy bag.

Edit: I did the DDP Yoga Extreme workout tonight. It kicked my duff. But that is a good thing. I may not be able to run, are do traditional cardio, but the hybrid yoga seems to work great for me.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:30 am

June 13, 2013

Success!

Breakfast: Sausage and an egg burrito, homemade latte w/Splenda

Lunch: bratwurst, Cheese Its, shrimp salad, Coke

Dinner: 2 homemade burritos, chocolate milk

Played nine holes of golf with the cart

I noticed on Jan 23, 2013 I had written that I was going to do DDP Yoga for two or three months. I just realized I have been at it almost six months.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:51 am

Success!

Breakfast: ham and egg on croissant, mocha

Lunch: bratwurst, shrimp salad, banana

Dinner: Slice of stuffed pizza, salad, one can of Coke

Exercise: Tomorrow :lol:

Over43

June 15, 2013

Post by Over43 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:13 am

S Day

Thank goodness. I didn't eat breakfast until 10 AM and I grazed most of the day. Dinner was eggs and bacon. Exercise was the DDP Diamond Cutter. Great workout.

Have a Happy Father's Day tomorrow.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:31 am

June 16, 2013

Breakfast: Slim fast

Lunch: egg and sausage sandwich, pop tarts, Coke

Dinner: ribs, cole slaw, corn on the cobb, slice of Texas toast sans butter, Mt.Dew.

Walked around Jackson Hole.

Over43

June 17, 2013

Post by Over43 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:28 am

Success!

Breakfast: Ham, egg, cheese croissant, diet Coke

Lunch: left over brisket, half a chicken tender, salad milk

Dinner: crock pot chicken over rice, salad, peach, chocolate milk

Exercise: DDP Yoga Strength Builder and nine holes with cart.